Anybody has a am855 bucket truck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CT arborist

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm getting a manifold valve block replaced on my 2001 Altec am855 OC bucket. It is located under the turret. My hydraulic guy apparently placed the hoses back in incorrectly damaging the valves inside the block. I ordered the new valves to be installed soon. I was wondering if any of you had a picture of the same part to share with me to figure out hose connections. I already called altec and they couldn't find a schematic on the hoses going to this block. The block has all entries marked which also helps make sense. See all pictures below. Also I'm trying to figure out what the initials mean in order to follow and connect those hoses correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is what I think it means. On one side:
OR = outriggers
DC = DC emergency pump
P = pressure or PTO?

Upper side:
Up = only hose connects to torret pump going up.

Other side:
CWB = not sure but this one is connected to the winch behind the outriggers that we never use.

TB= no idea but this hose is smaller diameter then rest. Impossible to get it wrong.

The rest of the entries are plugged.

20190723_093811.jpg 20190723_093811.jpg 20190723_093911.jpg 20190723_093811.jpg 20190723_093911.jpg 20190723_093829.jpg 20190719_114143.jpg 20190720_130220.jpg

I have an AM 600 H so it probably wouldn't be the same. I'll look tomorrow to see if it looks like yours. I changed mine out a few years ago and I remember going to Harbor Freight and buying a tub of multi colored zip ties and putting them around both fittings before I removed them. There's no way I could have put it back together correctly if I hadn't.

Hey everyone,
Wanted to let you all know this got fixed soon after I posted the thread. Indeed the mechanic connected some of the hoses in the incorrect connector therefore the PTO pump got stuck as well. I got all this figured out by another mechanic who I've known for years but he is expensive and now I see why. He is great and worth it! After that he also fixed my platform rotation which was not working. Sometime ago he adjusted the lower boom valve when it wasn't working. This week he will replace the pistol grip valve and anything else on my bucket truck will always be done by him. Never going back to the previous guy.

Back