Anybody see new wallenstein Firewood Processor???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FULL STROKE SPLITTING CYCLE TIME: 12.1 Seconds

Holey... go grab supper while it splits!

FULL STROKE SPLITTING CYCLE TIME: 12.1 Seconds

Holey... go grab supper while it splits!
If it's a processor you don't wait for it to split, you are cutting the next piece of wood to be splitted while is doing is job.

Sent fra min TA-1053 via Tapatalk

There's a video on YouTube but I am unable to get it posted on here.

If it's a processor you don't wait for it to split, you are cutting the next piece of wood to be splitted while is doing is job.

Sent fra min TA-1053 via Tapatalk

Would have 3 or 4 pieces cut by the time it cycles once!

My 2 cents.

Gas engine will be a fuel hog vs diesel. My buddy ran a Multitech with gas engine for a while. Got nearly 1/2 the fuel economy of the diesel unit he switched to.

25" bar and only 16" diameter? The bigger processor we have runs that bar and it'll handle about a 22" diameter.

What's the price?

I ended up buying the used one that I had seen them playing with. It's the prototype so I have a few issues that I'm working on but it works good. Mine has a Subaru 28 hp engine on it, log lifter, 6 way wedge and seat on it. Not sure how they calculated the 12 seconds as it seems faster than that for a full cycle. New is definitely more money than what I would ever consider spending on one but I think I did okay on this used one. I'm at the point of getting older and trying to get wiser. My body says I should take it easier cutting wood so this should help out with that. I'm also thinking I could easily get into splitting firewood for other people, that are piles of ash logs sitting around here everywhere and with a 15 minute setup time I could split a fair bit of wood after working hours. Has the log lifter so no tractor needed. I also have my portable sawmill for the bigger stuff if I want to cut it up. 20190416_183024.jpg 20190412_170404.jpg

You mention not needing a skid steer, but how do you get the logs to the processor?

I had looked at a log lifter when I bought my machine but no matter what would have to move the logs somehow.

I meant for the actual splitting process. Most of the people I've been talking to have had tree guys pile the logs up at the side of the property or they are farmers who already have the logs piled up. I intend to put a winch on it to pull the logs to the lifter on the log deck. I also have my Steiners that are easy to move and will push logs to the lifter. I have 3 log wagons that I could leave at peoples places and have them pre pile the logs on them too. Auction sale tomorrow has several running gears that I might buy. At home I don't expect to use the log lifter at all, too slow. I'll likely end up making a couple wagons with live decks or hoists on them to feed the processor.

I just remembered that this wagon is still sitting in my fence line where I unloaded it 3 years ago. Taken apart a bit and set on an angle and it would load logs onto the deck or a wagon quickly. Already has the hydraulics on it. Maybe I should walk my fence line a little more often? IMG_20160423_152229.jpg IMG_20160423_195713.jpg

I've been working on the processor off and on the last few weeks. I had a machine shop make some parts for me and today I went to install them. The guy made a mistake measuring and tried to correct it but that just made it worse. I just cut everything off that he had done and redid it myself. So much for saving some time and paying someone else to do it. I have everything working now and made a few improvements to it. I forgot to take pictures but I will tomorrow. This being a prototype model they cheated and cut some corners or maybe they were just testing things out but they failed on a few simple things. The winch mounting plate for the conveyor was way too light and bent all to heck. I just took the whole thing off and started over with decent sized steel. The guide for the pusher plate were too light and a poor design, I just cut it apart and built it the way it should have been. In my opinion it is still too short but not enough room to make a longer slide. I would love to spend some time with my camera on the one that they are actually selling to see what the differences are on the production ones. I have not been able to find any online at yards anywhere in Ontario. There are supposed to be a couple travelling around as demonstration units though.
Some other good news my neighbour across the road decided to buy a Bells Machining 4000 and is getting into the custom firewood splitting business.
Money is no object and he just wants to play with it.
I guess that means this one will likely be for sale next year after I get it built the way it should be. I've had a few people asking about it because they know I buy and sell stuff but I need to make a few extra dollars on this thing to make my wife happy about all that money sitting there.

Latest posts

Back