Anybody try to build a super splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

248669d1345020167-imag0382-jpg

248670d1345020203-imag0384-jpg

248671d1345020230-imag0388-jpg

248673d1345020291-imag0386-jpg

Flywheels

Hello KiwiBro
May I ask what you are using for the Flywheels and where can I get a set. What is the weight of one Flywheel? Thank you for any help you can give me. Your Pictures are great and your project is looking great also. Bill

Flywheel-Question sent to wrong person.

Hello North1

I sent Question about the Flywheels to wrong person-KiwiBro. Sorry about that. Take care. Bill

apology for my English
and to note I am not an engineer all I do is after what I learned on the web

my flywheels are from the track Two identical, only one has a wider edge
Their weight is 48 kg, each 48 cm diameter
my rack is asemled ( poour men rack )
the rack is module 4 ,pinion has 16 teeth
measurements are in metric system because I'm from Europe
everything is a copy of Mr. CMCCUL8146(I hope it will give a comment)
I hope that will be equally successful
I'll be photographing the rest if you're interested

Bulldozer/tractor diesel engine flywheels?

diesel truck 300hp
## No matter what the vehicles are important is that both are identical to the same diameter of the same weight and same ground-contact system

It looks like it's starting to come together. Are you machining those parts, or are they off the shelf?

, Rack consists of two narrow screwed it on a flat plate with 20x60mm bolts M 8
Sprocket is a standard module 4 16 teeth (that I bought) shaft is 35mm
# I have friends who have the tools and they do what I need( for a 6 pack)
#### so far I' just bought a sprocket and a few screws the rest is garbage vhat i find around
# Unfortunately, my shop is just a small tool I have a basic tool to be found in every house exept two welding machines

, Rack consists of two narrow screwed it on a flat plate with 20x60mm bolts M 8
Sprocket is a standard module 4 16 teeth (that I bought) shaft is 35mm
# I have friends who have the tools and they do what I need( for a 6 pack)
#### so far I' just bought a sprocket and a few screws the rest is garbage vhat i find around
# Unfortunately, my shop is just a small tool I have a basic tool to be found in every house exept two welding machines

Thanks. It's good to have friends to help with the things you're not equipped to do yourself. I like
the pics of your progress.

without people and friends we are lost in this world
#
# one hand washing the other ,two together washing the face

Flywheel

Hello North1
Thanks for your speedy reply to my questions on the flywheels. May I ask what Diesel Truck the Flywheels came off of ( Year,Make and Model). I don't know very much about big trucks.Keep up with your progress,Pictures are Great. Thanks again for any help you can give me. Take care. Bill

Hello North1
Thanks for your speedy reply to my questions on the flywheels. May I ask what Diesel Truck the Flywheels came off of ( Year,Make and Model). I don't know very much about big trucks.Keep up with your progress,Pictures are Great. Thanks again for any help you can give me. Take care. Bill

## I do not know the model of the truck where the flywheels used
# The important thing is to find two identical in size and weight and possibly that they have the same holes in centre
look in scrapyards or or in a local workshop

Flywheel

Hello North1

Thank you for your reply. I will keep looking. Keep up your good work on your project. Thanks Bill

KiwiBro
# Thanks for the pictures
# what kind of splitter you use
Hi north1,

Thank you for the great pictures.

You'll find a link in my signature to a tutorial about how to show pictures in your posts.

I couldn't wait for Super Split or DR to value the market here down under high enough to get their splitters here, and because I don't have the time or skills to build one, I found a way to get me a Super Split machine. Really nice machine it is too. Simple but strong...and fast.

Sure needs a few tweaks though when time and $ permit me. Getting sick of rolling up ramps into the back of the ute. It needs to be towable, anything else than that is mickey-mouse here in NZ because we are always moving gear around and it takes up too much room in the tray of my ute. We'll make the beam (thus flywheels, engine too) raise and lower on sprung telescoping poles to get the center of gravity down when towing but still have the machine set up to any height that's best for the operator. We use FIBC bags here that hold about 1m3 of thrown split wood - so it would be good to get the table up high enough to be able to fill a bag without needing a conveyor and without handling the wood once it's split - it just falls off the table into the bag. Operator may need to stand on a platform for this but we'll give it a shot and see how it goes.
Have already added a UHMWPE layer to the table. I had this idea a while ago after seeing guys wrestling rounds back into position. The plastic is super slippery and hard wearing and it's a breeze getting re-splits back into position with one hand. Until I had tried this plastic, I didn't realise how much energy I was wasting.

Last edited:
KiwiBro

NZ is the first choice if I had to emigrate from my country
half joke half-truth
Shoot what it looks like your log splitter

thank you

Back