anyome interested in selling their racing axel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what-a-stihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking for a racing axe for mainly practice, didn't know if the competition axe sold through Bailey's would be sufficient?

I don't have one of the axes that Bailey's sells, but I do know that there are guy's out there using them for practice. You may need to have it ground by someone, but yeah, I think it would be an ok practice axe.

Andy

the baileys axe workes good but dont use it on frozen wood. i took a nice sized chunk out of mine in frozen pine. also i broke the handle the first time i used it. but for the price it is ok.

I have a Bailey's axe and it has been an excellent practice and work axe. I've cut Hemlock and frozen White Pine without hurting the axe at all. The handle it came with was pretty weak and broke after about 5 minutes of chopping, though. I am teaching myself to file and profile on this axe since it wasn't too expensive and has proven to be tough. This summer I got a good deal on a slightly used Oxhead Champion and it is a better axe than the Bailey's, but not by too much. Now I want to step up to a Tuatuhi or Osborne, though. Bottom line, for the cost of the Bailey's axe you really can't go wrong. Here is a video of me chopping with the Bailey's, then a 3.5 lbs Bahco, then a 50+ year old Collins double bit I restored, and then finally the Oxhead Champion. The wood is White Pine.

chopping 001.MOV - YouTube

Nice vid there pal. Loved the Double bit-that looks like a real classic!

I own several racing axes, one of which I have never heard of. They are all ok though, I was able to buy them from another axeman, not that he's finished, he just has a truckload of em!

1 x True Blue Racer
1 x Aussie Speed Axe
1 x Keesteel
1 x Stewart Racing Axe
3 x Tuatahi

Next thing on the shopping list is a crosscut saw!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back