Anyone bore cut to take down trees?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Describe “setting the top of the tree on the bottom of the tree”. Pictures would really be helpful
There is some branches on top of the tree and poison ivy so no good pics. So no one criticize what I describe because it was like the 4th tree he cut and I got a 15 second description so it could be slightly off. And at 200$ an hour I didnt want to stop and talk about it.

Basically he said i think, notch it high against the lean, then notch it low with the lean, and when you bore cut the back of the lower notch, once the last inch is cut the top of the tree goes the way it leans and the small part between the stump and upper notch goes the other. There fore they sit on top of eachother and there is no large splitting of the tree and minimal fiber breakage. There may be one more cut in on top that i missed. I was standing far away and it was a 30 second cut. Now no one go trying this out after my description.

I do and this is what it looks like

01bb795846658eec6667ef3f336c13f8.jpg

Where the arrow on #1 is pointing is where I set my wedge. I used to leave more back strap and place wedges where the arrow on two is pointing, but my lift with a wedge was minimal and the force to drive a wedge was high.

The way I’m doing it now allows for a wedge to be placed in a more practical location. It will bottom out on some of the smaller trees I end up felling, but then I just start out with a stacked set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back