Anyone else building log homes?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head is made out of laminated hard maple, and the handle was got from Homer, it's a hickory sledge handle, 36" long.

The head is 12 1/2" long, 7" high, and 5 1/2" wide. Weighs about 12 lbs without the handle.

http://arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105389&stc=1&
d=1249186305

What's that puppy weigh?

Nate,

Weighs about 12 lbs. without the handle.

The one they sell at Japan Woodworker is 5" x 5" x 9 3/4" and weighs about 7-8 lbs (120oz).

Cheers,
TT (used the angle grinder with that 40 grit;))

WOW,epic thread,T.T.,very impressive timbers.......gonna follow this one closely:popcorn:
Thanks, but unfortunately I haven't been able to work on it again, just yet. Almost have the details worked out and hope to ship my timber out west so I can finish the build.

Have been going back and forth with the structural engineer over how to secure the logs down, and other numbers to handle load. Almost have that all worked out, and have agreed to use the Simpson Strong-Tie Coupling Take-Up Devices (CTUD) to prevent "lift-off". Plans are close to done now...this has taken way more time than I would have imagined...to get the final plans signed off by the structural engineer.

Yard is almost ready, sans having the pads down to place the sills on.

Latest posts

Back