Anyone got a 070 and a camera near by?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T0RN4D0

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi

I've been messing with a 070 and i have a problem with the choke lever. I think there is something missing or i'm putting it together wrong. Also a part of lever is home brewed so i'm wondering if anyone has a fully functional 070 and could take a picture of whats going on in there. I'm thinking its just a matter of placing the right washers in a correct order and screwing it down together with the cover, but im having difficulties...

If you don't have a camera just a description would doo.

Thanks,
Martin

This is the choke actuator on my 070, hope this helps,

3adOsJMsEHWQRkSqwvgkLVSgpJBFdr8JCPIS79VrWQ=w364-h204-p-no
s1EVFEJyM7h-akbchmHsaBgjlNH4HenIkm0vy3MBTQ=w364-h204-p-no
VRQlNNReGgiPDcaxrHcilXWBmY_-aSGDJGpcMt49VA=w299-h168-p-no
mPr4XLbmc7afIjxPsECkVQue5m6nouKH5JP-_UIAYA=w94-h168-p-no
FMfAQGEwXhkGeFo4RCDTKkLc-O4memWnficEAJl8Yg=w95-h168-p-no
zBw0oxGA2pxBhApbhEBuvYZdrp_Vr4xoHQmZ3bhU3g=w300-h168-p-no
Egonr1j8r_OOswy2FAwun4epBov83c8TC9SqqBekVw=w300-h168-p-no

Now that you said it, i think i do have a little piece of white plastic in my memory from my previous 070. Or maybe you just planted the idea in my hollow head. :( I know i didn't have any problems with the choke lever there. On this one its either too loose/flimsy or if i tighten it down, too hard to move.

Thanks for the pics pioneer. On yours it looks like just screw thru the cover is holding everything in place. Also by the looks of it the home made linkage on mine is a tad short. Midnght here now, gonna check everything in the morning.

Now that you said it, i think i do have a little piece of white plastic in my memory from my previous 070. Or maybe you just planted the idea in my hollow head. :( I know i didn't have any problems with the choke lever there. On this one its either too loose/flimsy or if i tighten it down, too hard to move.

Thanks for the pics pioneer. On yours it looks like just screw thru the cover is holding everything in place. Also by the looks of it the home made linkage on mine is a tad short. Midnght here now, gonna check everything in the morning.

The choke works fine on that 070 but it would be nice to have the nylon guide, called a clamp, by Stihl. Not sure what it would really do but I will get one or make one if I have to. I have a few 090 top covers and parts so there might even be one in that parts lot.

Thanks a bunch guys. So yeah the plastic slider is missing but that wasn't the only problem. Someone wrenched on this thing before me and made a few mistakes, the choke linkage was too short, when i made a new one i realized the gas tubing was in the way, so i replaced and rerouted it. I can't find the nylon clamp anywhere online and i kind of gave up on my local dealer, so i just concocted something out of a zip tie and glued it in place with some hot glue. The choke opens and closes fully now and she finally starts up as these old beasts should- without any problems :)

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back