Anyone got an idea on what species this tree is - potential milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boon

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi all, I was told this is a red wood but as to what species it is am not sure, it's definitely not an Aussie tree seems more like one of those interesting trees from the States somewhere.
March 2016 058.JPG March 2016 060(1).JPG March 2016 064(1).JPG March 2016 066(1).JPG March 2016 067.JPG

My guess is Hemlock but need close-ups of the needles/cones. Can't imagine it growing in a warm climate though.. Looks healthy enough.

In what picture do you idiots see needles on the tree? It looks like oval leaves to me so before you spout off make sure you know what you're talking about

Yup
Really? Do you even know what Ash bark looks like?

Yup... Thats what I'm milling right now. . I also know that people don't have to act like jackasses. Oval leaves are not needles...

It just seemed too obvious to me that the oval leaves do not belong to the tree in question by looking at the canopy of the tree. Also knowing how bark, leaves, and branch structure of Ash look it seems obvious to me that you're not really sure what Ash does look like.

It just seemed too obvious to me that the oval leaves do not belong to the tree in question by looking at the canopy of the tree. Also knowing how bark, leaves, and branch structure of Ash look it seems obvious to me that you're not really sure what Ash does look like.

Its clear to me that you're a jackass.

There's plenty of bark to tell its not an Ash. There is plenty of branches to tell the structure of wrong for Ash. A completely uneducated guess would be something in the pine family. IMO the possibility of it being an Ash was so far out in left field I laughed out loud.

There's plenty of bark to tell its not an Ash. There is plenty of branches to tell the structure of wrong for Ash. A completely uneducated guess would be something in the pine family. IMO the possibility of it being an Ash was so far out in left field I laughed out loud.
I'm not arguing whether it's an ash or not. I just Don't appreciate the way people on this ridiculous commercialized forum respond to people who aren't in your little club.

The canopy looks like a sequoia, the bark kinda resembles that of a sequoia but maybe not quite as shaggy as others I have seen.
It's definitely not a common Aussie ash tree.
It's an exotic species of some sort and very keen to know what it ends up being

I'm not arguing whether it's an ash or not. I just Don't appreciate the way people on this ridiculous commercialized forum respond to people who aren't in your little club.
You think this is bad? The commercial fascism is much stronger on other forums. Much stronger.

Back