Anyone got an idea on what species this tree is - potential milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not arguing whether it's an ash or not. I just Don't appreciate the way people on this ridiculous commercialized forum respond to people who aren't in your little club.

So your not intellegent enough to know the difference between an ash tree and what is clearly a conifer, but you think everyone else is an idiot? A simple google search would have prevented you from embarrassing yourself . That bark looks nothing like any of the 63 Fraxinus species.
You can not call people idiots and then expect them to treat you with respect. Especially when you so clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Hey Henry, if no one has said it yet, welcome to the site. I think old rube got his feelings hurt by all of us old guys. He hasn't been around since this post sort of petered out. Are you anywhere near the coast. Supposed to go to Harkers Island in 2 weeks. Heard different reports, some say they are still without power and water?

Hey Henry, if no one has said it yet, welcome to the site. I think old rube got his feelings hurt by all of us old guys. He hasn't been around since this post sort of petered out. Are you anywhere near the coast. Supposed to go to Harkers Island in 2 weeks. Heard different reports, some say they are still without power and water?

Thanks Joe!
I didn’t notice the date on his post before replying. He seemed like so many others that love to dish it out but cry when it’s returned.
I’m about 4 hours from the coast, no storm damage here just a lot of rain. There is still lots of flooded roads and many without power. Things should improve significantly in two weeks though so maybe you’ll still get to go. You could always go up to the Nags Head area, not much damage reported there. At least in the local news.

Thanks for the update. This is our annual King Mackerel Tournament. My fishing buddy is selling his place and retiring to FL. This is probably the last year we will do the tournament as a team. We rent the whole Harkers Island Fishing Center Motel. Usually have 15-20 boats registered, 4 person crews. I think this is 10-11 years in a row for our crew.

Thanks for the update. This is our annual King Mackerel Tournament. My fishing buddy is selling his place and retiring to FL. This is probably the last year we will do the tournament as a team. We rent the whole Harkers Island Fishing Center Motel. Usually have 15-20 boats registered, 4 person crews. I think this is 10-11 years in a row for our crew.

That sounds like fun. I could use a few days on the water myself. Hope you catch a record!

Back