Anyone know what oil Trufuel uses in their mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OM617YOTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Couldn't find anything specific, but what I did find is that TruSouth, the blender, is at the same address as Calumet Packaging. Calumet is the parent company of Belray and Royal Purple, and also produces private label products for others. They make Stihl's premix and a couple other company's premixes. VP mixes their own.

https://www.calumetspecialty.com/finished-lubricants-chemicals/
Even if they're not using an existing oil formulation that someone else uses, clearly coming up with their own solid product is well within their wheelhouse.

What info do you have?

By "offer" do you mean "distribute"? Calumet's website says they're a mfg.

You got me on Stihl's products, looked all this up over a year ago and the ole memory banks were faulty.

Calumet and Omni are right next door to each other though. Omni is at 10399 Hwy 1 Shreveport, LA 71115, Calumet is at 10411. Couldn't actually find any connection between the companies though, beside being next door to each other.

Yes it looks like they distribute some of the products. Calumet bought Royal Purple sometime in the early 2000's. I believe bel-ray is its own stand-alone company, but they may buy base stocks from Calumet.

Back