ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Anyone know where to get replacement Matco drawer slides?

Discussion in 'Hand Held Equipment and Tools' started by wood4heat, May 8, 2019.

1. wood4heat

wood4heat Addicted to ArboristSite

I’m still working on my FIL’s old Matco toolbox and have another issue. One of the slides on the full length top drawer needs replaced. The inner and outer channels have separated and although it still slides in and out that side droops even empty. I certainly wouldn’t trust it with the weight of tools. I called Matco and was told the slides are no longer available. He gave me Matco’s Part number, CHRN-024U, and told me they were supplied by Knape & Vogt Manufacturing. He also told me it was a 24” full extended roller bearing slide. I called Knape & Vogt but they were unable to cross reference the Matco number. Their rep gave me an email address and told me if I sent pictures and measurements of the slide they could look. He didn’t sound confident though. So I am back here hopeful that the collective wisdom on AS might point me in another direction.

The box is a Matco # MB2010SX manufactured on 4/15/93
    Looking for the 24” extended roller bearing top drawer slide, Matco # CHRN-024U manufactured by Knape & Vogt.

I mention that it’s for the top drawer because that one is the full with of the box and the slides are much larger that the rest of the drawers.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

2. Nathan Graff

Nathan Graff ArboristSite Member

pics of the slide?

3. wood4heat

I got nowhere with Knape & Vogt so I left the damaged slide with a machine shop this morning. They think they can straighten the bent channel and install new rollers bearings. I will let you know how successful then are.

4. Cope1024

Cope1024 Stihl Crazy

wood4heat likes this.
  5. wood4heat

So I stopped by the machine shop and got my slide back. They tried but were unable to fix it. Gave them $50 for the effort but now Im back on the hunt. I’ll check out the link on garagejournal and see if that leads anywhere. Thanks.

6. wood4heat

Any chance you still have a contact at Matco who might have some information? The slides have “Matcoglide” stamped in them.

7. ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy Addicted to ArboristSite

Matco doesn't warranty their toolboxes?

I have a Snap On box, it's about 20 years old. I've gotten several replacement parts for it (including slides) at no cost.

wood4heat and Sleepy like this.
  8. wood4heat

Joined the Garagejournal forum as E92FF and asked there. Getting a lot of responses so far!

9. Cope1024

Cope1024 Stihl Crazy

No, everyone I knew is gone. The guy at Accuglide supposedly can help you. The slides mount the same no matter who made them.

10. Cope1024

Cope1024 Stihl Crazy

Your dealer did that, not Snap-on. BTW, they use the same slides.

11. ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy Addicted to ArboristSite

Snap On did. I called them to order slides expecting to pay out the nose. They said it was a warrantied item and sent them for free.