• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Anyone looking for a minty 361 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbull660

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We are having a garage sale this weekend...wife hollars at me...older gentleman sees some of my saw stuff laying around...we start talking saws. Tells me about his 250 and 361. Bought 361 new and only used it a couple of times. Then he asks if I would be interested in it. Said I'd look at it...he has it in the back of his truck. ...wants 650 for it. I'm like I'm not interested, but I know a place that might be lol.

Everything seems to check out on the saw. Runs good, starts good, idles good, throttles up nice. Only problem I see is he's had it just sitting on the floor in his workshop moving it around so the bottom isn't minty. :(

Anyway, if anyone is looking let me know.

took some vid with my phone...not the greatest quality.

Attachments

• P1210792.JPG
    P1210792.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 217
  • P1210793.JPG
    P1210793.JPG
    860 KB · Views: 219
  • P1210794.JPG
    P1210794.JPG
    662.4 KB · Views: 219
  • P1210795.JPG
    P1210795.JPG
    887 KB · Views: 218
  • P1210796.JPG
    P1210796.JPG
    710.3 KB · Views: 214
  • P1210797.JPG
    P1210797.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 208
  • P1210798.JPG
    P1210798.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 211
  • P1210799.JPG
    P1210799.JPG
    767.3 KB · Views: 191
Nice looking saw.
My 441c looks just like that, looks like they started it on the cement with their for in the handle:(.
But cuts like mad:).
Someone's gonna get a nice looker.

Sure. But that's just crazy.
Had a guy drive 55 minutes for a mint 455 rancher for $325 (I personally thought that was crazy). He was on his way without even calling(we did talk in the morning ,but it was 9pm). Half way here he sent me a text asking for my address. Good thing I was home lol. He never questioned the price and all he did was had me start it for him. Started the second pull, and he handed me the money. I forgot to give him the bar oil and pre mix (both off brand stuff from other saws I had bought) so I called him he was two min down the road and he didn't want them, they were included in the price and listed in my ad.
Some people have their minds set and do it. The funniest thing is how many times I've been like that in the past:dumb:. Trust me when I say my mistakes have cost me way more than a few hundred.
The good thing is someone can buy this saw use the heck out of it and still get pretty good cash for it down the road. Its also a lot nicer than my buddies brand new ms311 he gave 800 for lol.

Had a guy drive 55 minutes for a mint 455 rancher for $325 (I personally thought that was crazy). He was on his way without even calling(we did talk in the morning ,but it was 9pm). Half way here he sent me a text asking for my address. Good thing I was home lol. He never questioned the price and all he did was had me start it for him. Started the second pull, and he handed me the money. I forgot to give him the bar oil and pre mix (both off brand stuff from other saws I had bought) so I called him he was two min down the road and he didn't want them, they were included in the price and listed in my ad.
Some people have their minds set and do it. The funniest thing is how many times I've been like that in the past:dumb:. Trust me when I say my mistakes have cost me way more than a few hundred.
The good thing is someone can buy this saw use the heck out of it and still get pretty good cash for it down the road. Its also a lot nicer than my buddies brand new ms311 he gave 800 for lol.
Your buddie is retarded if he paid 800 bucks for a ms311.......jus sayin !!

Did it have gold inlay on it somewhere?:eek:
Yes, it was on the receipt from ace hardware and it said it would have a warranty.
Warranty is code for gold right.
I think he got an extended warranty.
He had no mechanical aptitude at the time and wanted one saw to do everything. He has never had a problem with it and most likely won't until its long past the warranty. Thats why I say this guys 361 is not a bad deal to the right guy and it will most likely be of way more value to many more people yrs from now.

Your buddie is retarded if he paid 800 bucks for a ms311.......jus sayin !!
Be nice please, he's one of my best friend's. He got what he asked for when he went in and came out of the store with a smile on his face. He has learned a lot since and I doubt he would do the same again.
Interesting how quickly people judge. I bet your buddies would have plenty of stories about foolish uneducated mistakes you have made. The mistakes that cost us the most are the ones we forget the slowest. I guess me and my buddies are the only ones to make them. I've failed at more things than most people will ever try, and I'm proud of it because my failures have help me to grow and helped many others to grow.
If this is how you talk to friends who needs enemies.
My buddy knew nothing about saws, but everything about being generous. He would give that saw to you and go buy another one just like it for the same amount if he knew you had a need.
Please be kind and think about what your saying, and I bet $100 you'd never say that to his face,"just saying".

Be nice please, he's one of my best friend's. He got what he asked for when he went in and came out of the store with a smile on his face. He has learned a lot since and I doubt he would do the same again.
Interesting how quickly people judge. I bet your buddies would have plenty of stories about foolish uneducated mistakes you have made. The mistakes that cost us the most are the ones we forget the slowest. I guess me and my buddies are the only ones to make them. I've failed at more things than most people will ever try, and I'm proud of it because my failures have help me to grow and helped many others to grow.
If this is how you talk to friends who needs enemies.
My buddy knew nothing about saws, but everything about being generous. He would give that saw to you and go buy another one just like it for the same amount if he knew you had a need.
Please be kind and think about what your saying, and I bet $100 you'd never say that to his face,"just saying".
I did'nt mean it the way you took it............that's why I hate keyboard talk, cause it absolutely can not duplicate how you would say something in a conversation...
And BTW, I would say that to his face............. But, we'd most likely both be havin a beer, and laughing like a couple of little girls...
Sorry if you got the wrong impression..

I did'nt mean it the way you took it............that's why I hate keyboard talk, cause it absolutely can not duplicate how you would say something in a conversation...
And BTW, I would say that to his face............. But, we'd most likely both be havin a beer, and laughing like a couple of little girls...
Sorry if you got the wrong impression..
I accept your apology.
I certainly get things not coming across as we intend when typing, or even talking directly face to face. I think many times the words we use are not the best, and I've failed in that area many times.
I get saying that to someone who is your buddy and you sit down and have a few beers with often, just not someone you've never met. Even then there's a good chance of being misunderstood.
Anyway now you can feel free to express more openly cheers
:drinking:
Now that thats out of the way maybe this guy can get his saw sold lol.

:eek: holy **** that's a lot. I had one that was nicer than that, and nobody would even make me an offer on it, and I was asking $450 for it.

I was thinking the exact same thing after I read the ad. But sadly enough, he would probable get in on Evil Bay.

I had my tree monkey ported one listed for 600 and had very little interest. It's been a slow year for selling saws.

Ya it seems kinda slow nic i agree..i think people are also getting more realistic about what something is worth , ive ate my share of dollars on stuff ive sold..it is what it is.

Latest posts

Back