Anyone making aftermarket parts For Stihl MS261?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auswelder

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Stihl MS261 that came with some other saws that I bought for parts. It's mostly complete but it's missing some of the plastics such as the top engine cover shroud and some other plastic bits inside that housing.

It's also missing the carburettor, clutch drum, rim sprocket, hd filter and clutch cover which I can source from eBay easily enough. I believe the clutch cover is similar to the MS660?

I've already sourced an aftermarket recoil starter which is of good quality.

I've included the part numbers and description below of what I believe are going to be the most difficult to source unless someone know of some aftermarket copies.

Is it because this saw is still considered to be relatively new that there is not much available aftermarket?
I think it would be a good saw to get going as it still looks to be in good condition and has plenty of compression.

1141 080 1600 - Shroud
1141 087 3000 - Air Guide Shroud
1141 121 6900 - Baffle
1141 185 1900 - Choke Rod

I don’t know of any aftermarket place that sells after market parts other than real basic stuff like a carb or clutch . I got a 261 in a box in the basement that I had been saving for spare parts but would considering selling for the right price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back