Anyone see the new stihl calendar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f7c45348fd999c880157b4cb7d5d1317.jpg

I do and don`t mind it one bit. Shorter bars though, mostly 20", longer bars would be different.

exactly, they are pretty disappointing with anything 28"+ in light bars. i can stand them with a 24" solid but that's as long as i will go. hopefully these 462's will be better then the soggy noodle 661's.

exactly, they are pretty disappointing with anything 28"+ in light bars. i can stand them with a 24" solid but that's as long as i will go. hopefully these 462's will be better then the soggy noodle 661's.
That's a big part of the reason the 441 never did well with the local loggers in this area.... springs were too sloppy and resulted in inaccurate cuts with large bars..... the rubber bushing is still king with large bars in the PNW.

That's a big part of the reason the 441 never did well with the local loggers in this area.... springs were too sloppy and resulted in inaccurate cuts with large bars..... the rubber bushing is still king with large bars in the PNW.

I do like the solid feel of the rubber mounts. Can't stand much of them cutting full days everyday though. The husky spring AV is about as slick as AV gets. I set my cuts level by looking at the bar not the saw lol. I don't even have a problem making them level with the stihls spring mount saws. They are just mush though.

Can't get too much info on it, seen a couple of pics just now. A one piece cap eh! That's sucks. looks all AV mounted? That's awesome. What about engine and coil?
I wouldn't think about getting one for a good year. Get the bugs out and let the builders figure it out.

i gave stihl to many chances already. i'm not even interested lol

Guess I'm not that interested yet. I just brought it up with another faller In the other hotel room and he said he ran stihl but bought a little Husqvarna a while ago in a bind. He only put 5 days on it, said he liked it and said it was easy to line up the cuts oddly enough. he thought it was a 2 something or other? Turns out it a new 372 stock so I said sure I'll buy it. $700. I said I would give him 800 but he said 700 was good. Gave me a few bar adapters too.

Attachments

• 20161028_220000.jpg
    20161028_220000.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 51
ever run a spring mount stihl?

Not any of the bigger saws. I have noticed that the springs look much less substantial than the equivalent husky saws.

Really for as little cutting as I do rubber mounts are fine. I didn't think the 461 produced that much vibration. But I just love how smooth the huskies are. You can run them all day and not feel it.

Latest posts

Back