Anyone tried the 27' pole saw from Accu-Measure?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are all stupid. Cutting that high over you head is dumb. You would look like a clown or circus performer wielding a saw 30' up on a pole.
Jeff

I will be using it to set pull lines in trees in addition to pruning. I have a total of 22' of Marvin fiberglass pole. I'll see how that works. Later I may add another if I can handle it.

I will be using it to set pull lines in trees in addition to pruning. I have a total of 22' of Marvin fiberglass pole. I'll see how that works. Later I may add another if I can handle it.

Can you not climb that high? Seems to me to be a quicker way. You can run up 10 to 15 feet before you even tie in! ( DO NOT DO THIS!) , but it seems you could sent out a climber ahead and already have set up. Maybe I need to go back and read the whole thing over--ARG!!!!!!!!!
Jeff:msp_biggrin:

guy wrote me and asked where i got the saw. so that no one else emails me, here is the company - american tree service supply, guy was pretty good :msp_thumbup:

I used my Marvin set yesterday as I had to clear some guy wires to an antenna tower. Used both the lopper and the pole saw with three 6' poles and it worked fine. I think adding on the extra 4' piece would be a handful. Overall I am happy with it. Simple, robust and not too expensive. (got the lopper (1 1/4") saw head, 3 six foot poles and a 4 foot pole for $187 including shipping from "Tree Stuff" (one of the site sponsors)

Accu-Measure 27' Pole Saw

I tried this saw. Suitable for very light duty, small scale tasks. The basic 21' section of the unit is manageable, but adding the additional 6' extension makes it pretty difficult to manipulate.

Can you not climb that high? Seems to me to be a quicker way. You can run up 10 to 15 feet before you even tie in! ( DO NOT DO THIS!) , but it seems you could sent out a climber ahead and already have set up. Maybe I need to go back and read the whole thing over--ARG!!!!!!!!!
Jeff:msp_biggrin:

You just need to lay off the RipFuel. :laugh:

I bought one of those poles primarily for use as a set pole for my climbing line. I never did get to use it as a pole saw because one of my groundies bent it on the first day.
How do you go about doing that? Do you raise a sand bag with a connected throw line?

Back