Anyone used a Graco cordless airless paint spray gun?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
Reaction score
Have too many little jobs and a few not so little jobs to paint and was wonering about the Ultra Max cordless Graco model
http://www.graco.com/mx/es/products/contractor/ultra-max-cordless-airless-handheld.html
ultramaxcordless1200.jpg.imagep.0.30.1111.873.290.220.jpg

It uses dewalt batteries, can handle latex, oil based paints, and even flammable solvent based lacquers etc. They have a back pack for larger paint volumes too.

I've read mixed reviews about these sorts of sprayers but some very good ones on this particular model. It's not cheap though, for the occasional user like i would be.

Anyone had any experience with it or have any suggestions please? Thanks.

I'd just get a plug in one unless you have to paint somewhere that has no power?

I'd just get a plug in one unless you have to paint somewhere that has no power?
The fences are certainly within reach of a long extension cord but I've become accustomed to almost completely cordless tools and there are a few uses I an think of in the future where there is no power. I could, for the current use however use a plug in sprayer but this particular model piqued my interest.

I know nothing about this model but Graco are the standard in the commercial world for airless sprayers.
Thanks. That's the impression I'm getting too, but some of their other cordless models received mixed reviews so it has me a bit nervous about shelling out close to US$900 for this model here.

For painting stuff like equipment, would these type of sprayers work ok?

I've tried the Latex gun from Lowe's (about $40) and it worked ok, but not great.
The cheaper guns from Harbor Freight, same results. Have to thin the paint WAY down too if using tractor/implement paint.

I need to paint a few dump beds soon, got prices from the local body shop, said around $1k each.

Latest posts

Back