Anyone used laser chain ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushwacker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I didn't find many experianced views doing a search, so if you have used it I would like to know if it is junk or good chain to you and how it compares to what you are most used to using. The chain I am looking at is listed Laser / windsor, so mabe it is made by and the same as windsor which I have used.

No expert on 'specs' here, but if it is badged as Laser / Windsor, I would say it is probably Windsor Chain. And, since Oregon and Windsor are the same company (I think) it is probably re-badged Oregon Chain.

Why not test a loop and see for yourself? For me, I run Woodsman Pro chain - good value in my eyes as I like the performance and price!

Josh

No expert on 'specs' here, but if it is badged as Laser / Windsor, I would say it is probably Windsor Chain. And, since Oregon and Windsor are the same company (I think) it is probably re-badged Oregon Chain.

Why not test a loop and see for yourself? For me, I run Woodsman Pro chain - good value in my eyes as I like the performance and price!

Josh

Yep, Windsor Forestry Tools & Oregon Cutting Systems are both owned by Blount, Inc. Whether a Windsor chain is a re-badged Oregon chain, I don't know.

I have used a few loops of it. It was made by windsor chain and maybe since takeover cannot be sold as Windsor. It looks a bit different than Oregon.It is good chain and has a grind that is fast right from the box. I cant remember it being out of the ordinary for hard or soft. It is not some made in Taiwan Junk.

If the Laser chain you are talking about comes from Cutters Choice, it is excellent chain, in my opinion. It is made by Carlton now, it has been made by Windsor in the past and also Oregon (same company, different chassis). All my chains are Laser chains, except one Stihl which I haven't had a chance to try out very often.

I used it on all my saws at one time and found it to be decent enough chain. I have since switched over to Stihl chain and found it stays sharp longer and there is less chain stretch. For me when I am cutting all day that is worth the extra dollars that the Stihl chain costs.

Ive used lazer chain for ripping in a mill. No issues with stretch. And Ive had the bar and chain smoking the bar lube off Ive gotten them so hot. Never broke a chain...lemme see if I can find a good chain smoke pic....

Here we go...

attachment.php

Last edited:
I use Laser chain on my carpentry saw (024), my firewood saws (Jons & Echo), and my 90cc Solo milling saw. It's okay by me and the price is right too.

Latest posts

Back