anyone using answering service?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't done it for many years, but I was extremely happy with the results. I can't recall the specific percentage of people that hang up when they get an answering machine, but it's high. This was back in the days when pagers were popular. LOL! This is how it would work:

In the morning I would forward my number to the answering service. Their computer would tell them it's my number being forwarded and they would answer however I wanted them to. They would take the message and send it to me via a pager text. I would get the caller's name, phone number and why they called. Often if I could hear my pager, I could read it and call the caller back within a couple of minutes.

Since many people do hang up without leaving a message when they get an answering machine, having someone answer your calls only means more $$ in your pocket in the end. What do they do after they get an answering machine or voicemail? They call someone else!

By all means, use a service. It only makes sense. We spend a lot of money in our marketing campaigns and different advertising media to get our word out... and to have all that come up to nothing by not picking up the phone live is not a profitable activity to partake in.

Keep On Rockin'!

StihlRockin'

Caller ID did away with the need for an answering service in some aspects. Business people that can call back pretty quick have the number even if the caller didn't leave a message. Of course sometimes you get a "main number" that was called from where the receptionist has no idea who from that particular business called you. I read something that I already knew the other day, studies show that people that tend to not leave a message are generally business you don't want in the first place. About 99.99% of the time it's some goofy ass old tire kicker looking for something for nothing.

Back