ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Anyone watch alaskan bush people?

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Stupidest show ever.. just a bunch of homeless bums. Like they would survive 1 night in the cold with blue jeans and a cheap leather coat.. No hat or gloves. And they never show them eating anything . It's just a bunch of BS. And they have a British accent so they ain't from alaska.

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
I kind of agree there, IQ's are very low an that show low low lowwwwww. Good thing giant Grizzly Adams dad has 4-5 boys to do all the lame stuff he dreams up for him. You will not ever see him doing much. Always got a ailment of some sort yada yada yada.

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
It is just embarrassing to me to watch them interact with other people. The " boys" ages 20 something to 35 still living in the family cave, tree stump, blue tarp hotel ect. They go to town to find a woman...... think about this,.. all these grown men very uncomfortably trying to hit on the girls they find. Talking about digging hole with their hands or climbing trees.
They own nothing, no education no home except with mom an dad living under the same shack on squatted on land. What woman would think they were a good catch? They "the boys" may be very good people I bet they all mean well and if needed would work hard. But at their age they all should be earning a living and have a place to call their own even if it is a old rented camper on a 1/4 acre lot. God they have one old warn out Suv for 9 people.

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
They are not survivalist ' s they are bums. Who would want to live like that. Yeah between all the family members they could make $180,000 a year if they all got minimum wage. It would be alot better than what they got now... but I suppose the show is paying them something.

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
I know in one show the barter for a generator a blue one I think. Then they go into the junk yard and dig it out from under other junk. Twenty minutes later you get a look at the generator it is new and a totally different colored now I think. They are in the woods at night running around with guns... I cannot imagine having the film people telling me to run here , point there, look that way.... And then let them put it on tv and pretend that it all happened live and unscripted. The truth of all of these shows it this simple , life every day life would be way to boring to bother to film. Have you or any human being you ever met had 1/80th the amount of drama in you whole life that they have in one 5 show season.

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
With all these shows I think the producer's take over and it's no longer a documentary, but a reality based show. Which sucks because a would actually enjoy a true documentary, even if it is about homeless people. With this show they Probably film the whole season in a few days.

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
How about the man the legend MICK DOOOOOGE !
What a fruit cake that guy is. Everything he does he looks at the camera like, " I am the only living human being that knows this ya know" What a moron last night he was going to make maple syrup,.. long foolishness short he has 1 sap spile and 1 small pot.
Last I knew when I make syrup it takes between 47 and 52 gallons of sap to produce 1 gallon of syrup depending on sugar content. I changed channels when I saw his outfit. I figure it would take him about 30 days to gather enough sap in that 1 tiny pot to get enough to make 1 gallon of syrup. Considering sap only lasts about 4 days in cool weather his would be spoiled 26 days before he had enough to work with. I know that is not accurate as I work with 10 gallon batches my self and don't have to wait to store up 50 gallons of sap first. Just spouting off I guess.
As I watch these shows what really makes my blood boil that for every person like myself there are 100 that watch and believe every word. What a poor excuse for people we have become. My Grand farther would throw his old C-51 Homelite right through the tv.

Olesenofalaska

Olesenofalaska

ArboristSite Member
I think this is the show that made the news for pissing the neighbors off so much that the family left the area. Contrary to the impression they wanted to give on the show the family lived near other people that were sick of their **** and ran them and the production team out. I seem to remember a neighbor getting in some trouble for shooting fireworks at a helicopter that was filming the show.

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
What a fruit cake that guy is. Everything he does he looks at the camera like, " I am the only living human being that knows this ya know" What a moron last night he was going to make maple syrup,.. long foolishness short he has 1 sap spile and 1 small pot.
Last I knew when I make syrup it takes between 47 and 52 gallons of sap to produce 1 gallon of syrup depending on sugar content. I changed channels when I saw his outfit. I figure it would take him about 30 days to gather enough sap in that 1 tiny pot to get enough to make 1 gallon of syrup. Considering sap only lasts about 4 days in cool weather his would be spoiled 26 days before he had enough to work with. I know that is not accurate as I work with 10 gallon batches my self and don't have to wait to store up 50 gallons of sap first. Just spouting off I guess.
As I watch these shows what really makes my blood boil that for every person like myself there are 100 that watch and believe every word. What a poor excuse for people we have become. My Grand farther would throw his old C-51 Homelite right through the tv.
I did my self a favor and never watched it. Moonshiners is pretty bad too, that one bunch of guys have been on there several seasons and their still always blows up, gets shot up, stolen or something. And they got some fake cop chasing them around.
I'm also sick of watching all these shows because you spend hours watching them and weeks following the show and at the end nothing happens. It's such a let down. Like the guy that was supposed to get eatin by the snake.

chucker

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
? YOU MEAN TO TELL ME WHAT I HAVE BEEN WATCHING AN TAKING NOTES ISN'T TRUE? now what am I to do when the world crashes and runs amuck!?

Rockjock

Rockjock

Addicted to ArboristSite
They seem to have more and more stuff each time I see the program. Be it more guns to a very large tent. What is odd to me is why would anyone in their right mind choose a piece of land where they have the highest population of brown bear in the world? :wtf:

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
I haven't watched it, but I do know all of the other "reality" shows I've caught bits and pieces of are a joke. The only one that is somewhat true is Alaska Survival (or whatever it's called) with Marty Rainey.

tla100

tla100

Addicted to ArboristSite
Fat Guys in the Woods on Weather channel, actually not horrible. No drama, just one guy teaching 3 other guys how to build fire, shelter, and eat. Not the best show, but none of the soap opera crap....