ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Anyone watch alaskan bush people?

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
did you see "Bear" I think? standing in that Glacial stream wet from head to toe ( on purpose ) and howling like a wolf... Boy he is alllll man or is he wolf man .....or maybe bear man or maybe dumb azz

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Did you see the fake scene where the guy got the chainsaw bar stuck in a little branch, and they said the bar was bent. The old man took off the clutch cover, put it back on and it was fixed. And their shower? Plastic tote with a pipe running out the bottom... and he says if you put the lid on it gives it pressure. . Doesn't make any sense.

Jim Timber

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
Lol...the alaskan bush people show is bad but for me its like a darn trainwreck and I can't stop staring at it,every time its on I'm gonna watch it.my wife hates the show,whenever its on she's asks why I'm watching those retards again.lol

I only watch it when I'm alone at the cabin. Comedy of error's is right.

I also think those kids will remain single and at home with mom and dad until they're too old to breed. Well, I can hope anyway, right? :D

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
I am just catching the last 10 min of their latest show. I have a question, can anyone just pick any place in the Alaskan wild pull over and start up your saw? Looks to me like they are doing a lot of tree removal to me I guess n o one on this planet owns that land? Sorry got to go now I have to pressurize my Coleman cooler, ( by putting the lid on ) of course.

dave1974

dave1974

ArboristSite Lurker
I was wondering the same thing,can you just go out wherever in the bush and start cutting and building?just don't seem right to me.

Jim Timber

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
I was wondering the same thing,can you just go out wherever in the bush and start cutting and building?just don't seem right to me.

The producers claim they'd been trying to homestead in a federal wildlife area and got burned out when they went into town one day. At least that's the story they're sticking to.

I haven't seen any episodes of the latest season, so I'm a bit out of the loop on what they're doing now.

dave1974

dave1974

ArboristSite Lurker
Oh you gotta check out the new ones,they're pure gold lol...they are starting over in a new area of the bush,already built a outhouse,shower and trapper shack.

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
I guess we don't know if it's all set up. Maybe they rent a piece of land to film the show...i also have heard the old man and a few of the boys are facing felony charges.. something about filing for some kind of aid, but can't prove they are residents. Probably because they are homeless.

AKDoug

AKDoug

Pro Staff
I guess we don't know if it's all set up. Maybe they rent a piece of land to film the show...i also have heard the old man and a few of the boys are facing felony charges.. something about filing for some kind of aid, but can't prove they are residents. Probably because they are homeless.
First, just like every other state you cannot pull up and just homestead anywhere you want. Last season they were operating on a parcel that was purchased. They left a giant junk pile behind and really pissed off the local rural residents. In the winter the whole clan heads south to the lower 48.

In Alaska, in accordance with our statehood act, we do not own the mineral rights to private property. The founders of the State concocted a way to share the dollars collected from oil royalties collected on State land with the populace. A certain portion of the oil royalties collected every year go into a fund called the Alaska Permanent Fund. The current fund is $50billion dollars and growing. It is managed by a committee and it invests in various stocks, bonds, real estate, etc. At the end of a year they take the average earnings of the last 5 years and split that number in two. That half is divided equally among the qualified residents of Alaska.

To be a qualified resident means that you have to move to Alaska and declare permanent residency. You are allowed to apply after your first year of residency. At that point to further qualify you must remain in the state full time. You are allowed to be gone from the state for 179 days. Anything more than that and you are disqualified. It appears that the Bush People family was gone for more than 180 days, yet they applied for Alaska PFD's. Alaska takes this fraud seriously, as it should. http://www.adn.com/article/20141022/stars-alaska-reality-tv-show-charged-pfd-fraud

Just so you know, Alaska's PFD check last year was roughly $1800 for every qualified Alaskan.

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
yes all of that jives with what I have read about the Browns. I Googled them a while back and read a lot about them. Until it seemed that the things I read were a repeat of an earlier article. I t is well established that they are gone from Alaska enough to disqualify them for the funds. All the members over 18 or 21? are guilty it seems of the fraud.