ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Anyone watch alaskan bush people?

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
I was wondering the same thing,can you just go out wherever in the bush and start cutting and building?just don't seem right to me.

more than I feel like explaining at 4am, but to keep it short, yes, but there are tons of rules and only on certain land.

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
why would you take a couple boats 10 miles down a lake to get 8 20' logs and tow them back then try to lug them 300 yards the cut them up 6' long and use them for posts??? WTF. How many fool hours ( producer hours) went into dreaming up that brain fart?

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
why would you take a couple boats 10 miles down a lake to get 8 20' logs and tow them back then try to lug them 300 yards the cut them up 6' long and use them for posts??? WTF. How many fool hours ( producer hours) went into dreaming up that brain fart?
It will probably be like last season, they will get the floor and a couple walls up and give up on it. And do they all wear the same clothes everyday?

tla100

tla100

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah I was wondering the same, taking 3 boards on their "raft" per trip. They got a dumb chainsaw. Not sure why I watch. A few episodes ago they worried about getting more meat, only after they were out of food. IF this was close to real they would goners.

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
It is time to work that means Billy must hurry up and get sick. If the boys are not all an act and I doubt they are, can you imagine them on their own in an apartment meeting people every day . They sorely lack even rudimentary social skills.
If you watch the episode with the hauling of the logs across the bay with a boat. In that episode the one that tries to dress like Dracula " Noah" you will see him writing his friend a letter. You will get a glimpse of this letter, it looks like it was written by a 7 year old . All stick letters all out of shape up and down above and below the lines on the page.
That is sad to me that to me tells the whole truth of all the kids. Watch this closely and tell me your opinion. The poor kid can barely scratch out a word, weather they want to or not they most likely will always be relegated to the outskirts of society. What will they do when mom and dad die off live together in the woods someplace? When the Discovery Channel money goes away what then...

Section VIII

Section VIII

Addicted to ArboristSite
I watch and like the show for entertainment. Last night's show was great in that regard. Gabe was chosen to cut down a tree that happened to be right in the corner of the house they were building. Entertaining stuff...especially how he cut the tree down.

If Gabe can draw as well as he did in the episode, he should be doing that for a living.

Rockjock

Rockjock

Addicted to ArboristSite
I noticed that had another bar on the chainsaw, I wonder if they bartered 2 leaves and some bear poop for it? Gents maybe I heard it wrong but did they not choose to live in an area with the highest population of brown or black bear? First off why would anyone be so stupid and second why would anyone let them do such a thing? I mean really think of those poor bears getting upset stomachs from eating those fools! :surprised3:

tla100

tla100

Addicted to ArboristSite
If hippies taste as bad as they smell, bears will leave em alone.

I noticed the different bar also. What confuses me is the blue tarp roof? Is that going to hold up to any snow load?

They sure had a lot more wood to build cabin. Wonder how many trips with the little lund they had to make to get it?

Milkweed Seed

Milkweed Seed

ArboristSite Operative
I thought it was funny they don't have a pot to piss in, but all if a sudden had a new looking Stihl to make their chanty. Looks like they got their priorities straight in my book. To bad it's just a docudrama aka bull ****, **** show...

Rockjock

Rockjock

Addicted to ArboristSite
I thought it was funny they don't have a pot to piss in, but all if a sudden had a new looking Stihl to make their chanty. Looks like they got their priorities straight in my book. To bad it's just a docudrama aka bull ****, **** show...

Don't forget that Noah proclaimed he was a genius. MENSA had no official statement.

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
I HATE these shows as it puts a horrible image of Alaska to the public.

Visited my 85 year old grandmother last night and I guess she watches a lot of those shows.
She pretty much thinks that is how everyone lives... and it's not fault if her's

Jim Timber

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
I enjoy the "Buying Alaska" show because you guys have some beautiful country and lovely homes up there. Not a lot of running water, and roads look a bit rough in areas - normal folks living and buying houses otherwise.

All the shows with a cast and theme become whatever the producers and editor can dream up to make compelling programming. "Reality" has very little to do with it.