ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Anyone watch alaskan bush people?

TheBunz

TheBunz

ArboristSite Lurker
Yeah heimo and Edna have some good documentaries you can check out about real bush people. YouTube has a few;

Braving Alaska
Surviving Alone in Alaska

The there's the show The Last Alaskans
Seems real enough.

mt.stalker

mt.stalker

ArboristSite Guru
LMFAO ! The Bush people ..... How about the episode where they cut down 1 pine tree , because they were out of "lumber" . Then they block and tackle it to the beach , and tow it 60 miles with their 60 ft boat , to be made into lumber by someone with an effing Granburg csm . Imagine the cost of operating that boat for 120 miles , for a few boards from a csm ? OMG , i cant watch it anymore . My brother talked to one of the origional film crew , afew yrs back .... He told him they could only pan the camera a few degrees , because their "homestead" was in a development .

Jim Timber

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
The last commercial I saw had the kids running the boat into a piling. With how much rot is on that hull, I'd expect it to sink.

I'm to the point I can't stand it anymore either. The script is terrible, and so are the actors. I hope their trial for fraud gets the show cancelled. Last I saw, the judge refused a plea deal. :D

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
well cheer up if you run out of Hoppy's no.9 you just fry yourself a chicken and viola! you have gun grease. I have a rifle identical to that one Gabe carries, I cringe when I see how they treat it.

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
Its just odd really,.. sad kind of, there are lot's of people that watch that show and others like it and believe every bit of it. They don't notice just the messed up and reckless, and half/assed they do things. Can you imagine taking a 70' WW II wooden sub chaser a hundred miles to deliver a 200 pound washing machine someplace ? How much would you have to charge me to do that $600.00- $700.00 ? you got fuel ,5 man crew, food ,two days on the ocean??? ect...

TheBunz

TheBunz

ArboristSite Lurker
There are a lot worse things to watch on tv. I just wish they made more down to earth people out in the woods living and learning the land. Need another **** Proenneke.

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
They would have very little viewership if they followed just a "normal human being". There would be very little drama to see. I think of all the things I do, most are similar to the supposed Alaska survivalist people. I hunt fish gather firewood do my own carpentry can vegetables raise a garden blah blah blah. There is almost zero drama in my every day doings. I have lived this way all my life and if you took all the exciting parts you may have enough material for 3-4 shows.
People want instant excitement, drama, fear and danger.
I own" Alone in the Wilderness" (I think that's the name ) The Richard Proenneke story. I loved that show but even he if you read about him had supposedly many people come in to help him. I tend to think that he did almost everything all alone he just seemed like that kind of person to me.
The vast audience for these shows are people that couldn't grow a weed let alone provide their own food. They are the one's who clamor for more excitement and drama. It used to be that people from the large towns and city's were this way but not anymore . There is a never ending supply of hopeless lazy ignorant folks out there who live vicariously through the TV and Facebook and not all of them live in the city either.

TreeswingerPerth

TreeswingerPerth

ArboristSite Operative
Watched a couple of shows from the series shown here , not too impressed . Give me Ax Men any day , in saying that it's pretty unbelievable most of the time .

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
I wonder why they don't use the show to spin this " minor" setback ? I am sure it is just bad luck and the gubberment after them once more right?

dall

Account Hold
I wonder why they don't use the show to spin this " minor" setback ? I am sure it is just bad luck and the gubberment after them once more right?

maybe why they left their house or maybe they squatted on someone elses land like before

Jim Timber

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
You should read up on the back-story on the production of this show. The "gunshots" in the night were fireworks from one of the neighbors shot at the production crew's helicopter because the neighbors (yes, Neighbors) were tired of the constant noise, fuss, and bother of the show being filmed in the lot next door. They were anything but "remote" deep in the bush. They were in a smaller town, on an outer edge lot, they had rented to film the show. They stopped filming that season because the crew was afraid someone was going to get hurt if the fireworks didn't run them off. The neighbor was charged with endangering an aircraft or some such IIRC.

Seriously, look up "Alaskan Bush People fraud" - the oil money fund isn't the first mention of lies and deceit. ;) This show's as real as Caitlyn Jenner's cooter (I know he doesn't have one).

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
I see now that Ami is sick they have abandoned the house in AK and are heading west. Can you think of any place where it would be ok to up and leave all the junk they have hauled in the "Bush" That idiot Kenny? with the "tire house", he hauled over 200 car tires back to the island what a freaking mess he has left all alone to say nothing of all the other junk the rest of them "left" behind.

Sawyer Rob

Sawyer Rob

Addicted to ArboristSite
First of all, it's all fake so it's no big deal what "they" left behind...

The production crew will have to clean it all up, (hire a clean up crew) as it should be, they are the ones that "leased" the property for the show, in the first place...

SR

Nanuq

Nanuq

ArboristSite Member
Sure wish people could experience real Alaskans in real bush communities. They're darn fine people.