ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Anyone watch alaskan bush people?

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
How many moves and houses are they going to build. Look at how many brown towns they leave after building. Fake for sure.

TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher

I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.
Bill apparently made enough money to pay cash for a few lots in Washington totaling near 800 acres and the kids get paid fairly well too.

Speaking of Bear Grylls I remember when they were filming an episode in the central Sierra and Bear got caught eating breakfast at the pines resort in bass lake during filming.

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
I’m tired of the ak bush family.
I don’t watch much tv, maybe goldrush to see Parker kick Tony’s butt. Haven’t caught buckin billy Ray Smith yet. I watched Goodson swamp logging there gone.

Overkill338

Overkill338

Bars Of Stihl
Stupidest show ever.. just a bunch of homeless bums. Like they would survive 1 night in the cold with blue jeans and a cheap leather coat.. No hat or gloves. And they never show them eating anything . It's just a bunch of BS. And they have a British accent so they ain't from alaska.
It was proven to be fake. Where they built the house, was right next to a freeway.

Overkill338

Overkill338

Bars Of Stihl
I think this is the show that made the news for pissing the neighbors off so much that the family left the area. Contrary to the impression they wanted to give on the show the family lived near other people that were sick of their **** and ran them and the production team out. I seem to remember a neighbor getting in some trouble for shooting fireworks at a helicopter that was filming the show.
You are correct. They were next to a major roadway but wanted us to think they were miles from any civilization.

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Hoonah, which is about 30 miles from Jeaune
You are correct. They were next to a major roadway but wanted us to think they were miles from any civilization.
Hoonah, which is about 30 miles from
Juneau.

Never been. I know property in Juneau is $$$$ because of all the politcians making many times more than what us common folk make.

I know the other show with Jewel's (the singer) family, they aren't that far from town either.
That one though, I think it's more the producers editing it a certain way.

The show with Wild West Guns and the other with Knight's Taxidermy are very much dolled up for the show as well.

farmguywithasaw

farmguywithasaw

ArboristSite Guru
The only thing worse than watching them run a power saw on the show is Marty from homestead rescue. Some of his stumps look absolutely horrendous and if they are doing it just for the show [email protected]$k them. They also give people who have never used a saw little to no instructions and no PPE and say have at it

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
The only thing worse than watching them run a power saw on the show is Marty from homestead rescue. Some of his stumps look absolutely horrendous and if they are doing it just for the show [email protected]$k them. They also give people who have never used a saw little to no instructions and no PPE and say have at it

He's not acting for the show.

He's got a very strong personality. Sometimes can be a bit tough to deal with.

He got upset once when I asked if he needed a chain sharpened on a saw brought in for a part.
Chain was beyond dull. Looked like he tried to cut concrete with it.
He said he'd just sharpened it and WTH did I know about sharpening chains, since I obviously couldn't tell his was fine.

He wasn't happy with me when I told him I'd get help to offload some logs from his truck. My back is in rough shape, and I try not to lift heavy stuff.
Dude had an Advil jar the size of a big gulp in his cupholder. Would figure he'd understand.