• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Anyone watching Port Protection?

Saddle Mander

Saddle Mander

ArboristSite Operative
Might not be the greatest tree show out there (which it isn't supposed to be), but I like watching Curly figure out how to fell trees, and the slow-motion falls are pretty cool.

NIP Group
sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier

ArboristSite Operative
I have seen 6 plus episodes, if nothing else, it shows people can thrive in conditions most of us would never want to be placed into and these people choose to live where and as they do.

There is no crazy blow-ups, faked incidents, some things are obviously more dramatic, but to a guy who works in an office, suit and tie type, they generally do not have much experience with living with 100 +/- people who rely on one and other to keep going on a small tract in Alaska.

Trapper is pretty cool: :chop:

turnkey4099

turnkey4099

Tree Freak
I saw my first episode the other night. He was recovering logs for firewood. What is the purpose of those staples he drove into them and why all that conglomeration of rope wraped around the logs? I could see no need for a staple and the rope lashup sure did seem odd.

Harry K

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Never heard of it as a TV show though my TV isn't on very much.

Port Protection is a place here.

chucker

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
I saw my first episode the other night. He was recovering logs for firewood. What is the purpose of those staples he drove into them and why all that conglomeration of rope wraped around the logs? I could see no need for a staple and the rope lashup sure did seem odd.

Harry K
harry! the rope is wound around the log to roll it out to the water instead of just trying to jerk the log from its setting.a useful poor mans winch without all the moving parts and weight! it works like parbuckeling*(sp)... to load onto a trailer an such. the staples are just a second means of securing the rope to the wet slippery log.

turnkey4099

turnkey4099

Tree Freak
harry! the rope is wound around the log to roll it out to the water instead of just trying to jerk the log from its setting.a useful poor mans winch without all the moving parts and weight! it works like parbuckeling*(sp)... to load onto a trailer an such. the staples are just a second means of securing the rope to the wet slippery log.
I'll buy the 'wet slippery log' bit. I've never had to resort to a staple or such a mish mash of rope to rig a log roller. one loop around log then one or more addition loops and away we go.

Harry K