Anyway to fix this?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jltrent

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have an air leak around the port cover on a MS271 cylinder on the PTO side and I don't see any way to tighten......Everytime I work on one of these newer saw design IMO ever who designed them must have been drunk.... Please see pictures....

IO9hRBE.jpg

oEqBPIM.jpg

ONODCNs.jpg

How in the world is it held on,just some kind of sealant?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Good question. I know I am old fashion and a lot here want agree with me, but these newer design saws sure are not as good as the ones they replaced.

Good question. I know I am old fashion and a lot here want agree with me, but these newer design saws sure are not as good as the ones they replaced.
I agree with you, some of it is just crazy. No screws showing in harley pic. That's odd,must be some serious sealant on those

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The MS291 cylinder looks like this also as I wonder what the failure rate on these cylinder covers are as you see a lot of parts saws 4-sale..... If they ever come out with an AM cylinder I might try one as I hate AM cylinders, but when the OEM is a POS what do you have to loose as $25 beat $200.

Back