Anyway to get this out?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jltrent

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This is an 064 case and the outside portion of the bearing is still in the case on the flywheel side. Is there any way to get it out?

GRqeGdN.jpg

Hose down with WD and heat up the bearing race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well for my dirtbike i used a inner bearing puller with heat and break free

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

Would you use a heat gun and heat up around the case were the race is? After it is hot how to get it out?

Heat gun or torch, anyway to push from back side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try heating the case around the bearing pocket.... somewhere around 130-135c it should almost drop out on its own. PATIENCE

Took a dremel cut cross ways broke just slightly tapping with a chisel and removed.
I put just a slight scar but I believe it will work as the oil seal area is not compromised. You can barely feel the scar with a fingernail and it is only about a 1/3 of the ways across.

Y0DDGku.jpg

Fkn6ejr.png

If you do not like the above suggestions take something like a dremmel tool with a cutting disc on it and thin down the bearing outer race as much as you dare. Take a small oxy acetylene flame and heat the thinned area until it turns color, now you can be sure what is the race, thin it some more, heat it with a small flame at the thin part to red. The bearing now will have a smaller diameter. One could just say take the mig welder and weld a half inch or so around the race, that would do the same thing but would put lots of expansion stresses on the case.

If you do not like the above suggestions take something like a dremmel tool with a cutting disc on it and thin down the bearing outer race as much as you dare. Take a small oxy acetylene flame and heat the thinned area until it turns color, now you can be sure what is the race, thin it some more, heat it with a small flame at the thin part to red. The bearing now will have a smaller diameter. One could just say take the mig welder and weld a half inch or so around the race, that would do the same thing but would put lots of expansion stresses on the case.
Almost what I did as I have removed several from round balers like I did this one in the pic and put a new bearing in and they were good as new.

Toaster oven is the way to go on these for sure. If you have a new bearing handy you can install it as soon as the old one falls out. Same with a crank that already has the bearing on it. Just slide it (with bearing) into place. Heat up the other case half and repeat. Done..., providing you didn't forget the gasket!

Do some searching. I made this exact thread maybe four months ago. I ended up welding a washer to the outer race and pressed it out. You might be able to just thoroughly heat the case up and wiggle it out.

Back