Appropriate steps to detur firewood thieves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appropriate steps to detur firewood thieves

356SDmuzzlesmile.jpg

Thought I'd update this old thread- don't have to deal with d-bag neighbors for much longer ;-) see pics.

Left the old neighborhood end of December, new owner takes over May 29th. Yesterday I drop by the old place to mow at 2pm Saturday afternoon- sure enough the neighbors that are the subject of this thread start giving me some dirty looks and pretty soon they send one of their guests over to b***h that I am kicking up dust and it's bothering them- I give him a blank stare and continue to mow... only had a couple minutes worth left anyway. IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0008.JPG

I wonder if the new owner (after moving in and meeting the neighbors) will regret his purchase? That sucks he's gonna find out firsthand what you went through.

Buyer only lives 2 blocks away on the same street - he knows the neighborhood. The neighbor to the south keeps to herself, you just better keep your lawn mowed and not buy the same storm door or lawn decoration as her :-/

He might get along just fine with the neighbor I don't get along with - depends on his personality. If he like to drink and party till 3am 2-3 times a week they'll be best buds.

Buyer only lives 2 blocks away on the same street - he knows the neighborhood. The neighbor to the south keeps to herself, you just better keep your lawn mowed and not buy the same storm door or lawn decoration as her :-/

He might get along just fine with the neighbor I don't get along with - depends on his personality. If he like to drink and party till 3am 2-3 times a week they'll be best buds.
It's funny because often chronic a-hole neighbors will actually go out of their way to be nice to the new neighbor in some sort of attempt to make the seller look like the one who was wrong. Eventually their true colors always shine through.

Congrats.

Thanks. I think it was Log Butcher that posted somewhere in this thread to just "move and be done with it" and it turns out he was right. We didn't specifically move because of this incident or neighbor, but the neighborhood in general is going to crap - time go get out while properties still have some value. The "hood" was great for us for 20+ years but then the old folk either died off or went to nursing home, new people moved in that don't know how to take care of a property or have other bad habits.... time to get out.

New place has 6+ acres, 10,000+ sq ft of sheds, more house than we'll ever need and the pee rule applies to all directions except towards the county road out front.

Here is my theft deterrents, so far they have a perfect record:) I've got 2 GSD's and 2 Huskies if anyone has ever pulled up to that welcoming committee they probably just went somewhere that was easier to steal from. :laugh:

A shot showing the business end on them

Here is my theft deterrents, so far they have a perfect record:) I've got 2 GSD's and 2 Huskies if anyone has ever pulled up to that welcoming committee they probably just went somewhere that was easier to steal from. :laugh:

A shot showing the business end on them
And that's when they were playing

Latest posts

Back