arborist 101 new mayor election

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1zdrm0i.jpg
i dont think you can trim it with a dear stand:dizzy:tom trees

Very organized Tom....thats rare for treeguys! nice!

stay safe, be careful...........

LXT.........

Man I thought your shed was the best shot until I saw the recent pruning job. What an awesome tree to climb. You wouldnt have to pay me to go up but you sure would have to pay me to make me get down! :cheers:

I have seen that video before.

That is absolutely the gutsiest tree removal I have ever seen. I can't imagine climbing something that high, that dead and rotten, and throwing it down little bitty piece by little bitty piece.

Regarding the climber: I am in awe. Enormous removal gets my immediate respect. Climbing and removing a gargantuan dead and rotten tree earns respect of mythic proportions.

Unless those old Euc's hold together better than I think they do (having never worked on one), you couldn't pay me enough money to climb that tree. Go ahead...offer me 10 years pay, with transportation, lodging, and hospitalization insurance included. I won't be there! (unless I get to hire a helicopter to hover overhead and catch me on a bungee when it all comes crashing down)

Last edited:
Heck, I don't mind the chunking, and I think I might have fun up that high.

I have a complete fear of dead trees falling while I am in them. The fall from that huge tree would certainly be fatal.

any thing over 12' is a dead mans fall:jawdrop:

Yeah, but that tree isn't crumbling up into little hand sized pieces 150 feet in the air.

I've done a few like that one in your pic. I hate catching the chunks on a rope. A few years ago, I broke a rope using a rescue-8 as a friction device. Bad idea, I have a port-a-wrap now. The homeowner has a new stone wall, too.

Graeme Mcmahon is in the top echelon of arborists world wide in my opinion. I would love to able to lay my hands on some footage I saw years ago where the climber was way up a dead E.regnans where they used high explosive to blow out the top. Dunno if that was Graemes work but it sure looked like him.

Tom I would be embarrased to post pictures of the weiners I climb in the same thread as your trees. It is a sad fact that in the city I live in the largest removal you are likely to see would scarcely top 120 feet. Now if you like awkward removals in small yards I can help you there. This is my favourite video for rigging. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBKeak7IJOg Only about 85 feet but it was a wee tiny yard as you can see at the end.

I believe you are referring to Jerry Beranasek (spelling) as the guy using explosives, seen him do that alot!!!!

LXT................

Latest posts

Back