Arborist certification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richboslice

Reaction score
I've been climbing and dismantling trees for a while now. Of course I have done my share of pruning. I am wanting to take the next step and get certified. How many of you guys are certified and what is the most cost friendly way of achieving this goal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I am Certified since '06. Most cost friendly way? Really depends on where you are starting from as far as your knowledge base goes. If you read the "Building Blocks set it a good place to start. Only $175 if you are an ISA member. The rest of the BMP books would be the next thing I'd suggest (along with ANSI Standards). If you are strong with those, I am pretty sure you will pass the test easily (assuming you are good with tree ID...d0 they still test tree ID?). They don't cover everything you'd need...but most of it.

I am certified, got certified this year ( April 2015 )
I say get the book, " arborists certification study guide " and read it. Then study the suggested extra reading material for the topics you're not as familiar with, there were some for me because I have a lot of experience doing some aspects of tree care and not a lot of experience in others.
There are tree identification questions on the test but not specific tree id.

Latest posts

Back