Arborjet's Tree-age

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pavement99

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Here's an update on Arborjet's Tree-age product for those who live in an affected part of the United States. The revolutionary treatment for EAB (Emerald Ash Borer) now has a special 24(c) registration in Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. These are the only states that currently have permission to use the product in ash trees to control EAB at this time. More states will be added soon. If you have any questions about Tree-age and its critical role in the fight against Emerald Ash Borer please let us know. Tree-age and most of the other great Arborjet products ship free within 24 hours from TreeStuff.com

treeage.jpg

Last edited:
If you have any questions about the Tree-age, Emerald Ash Borer, or the Arborjet system please give us a shout.

If you happen to live in a state that has recently discovered EAB (such as Kentucky, Minnesota, or New York) we will get you up to speed regarding the pros and cons of the various treatment and prevention options for Emerald Ash Borer.

Don't think that stuff works that well. Lot of waste and it discolors trunk and kills the grass below the root crown. I used it for 2 seasons. Way overpriced too.

Nevermind I was thinking about Safari.

Can you give some entry costs for equipment and chems. (Emben)? Any seminars in this area....vids.?

Thanks for reply. Any comment on significance of wounding? Is it a bi annual treatment? Are the wound holes smaller than Mauget?

Wounding is always the primary concern with tree injection. The standard injection site is 3/8", which is larger than Mauget. You can often use fewer injection sites than other systems, however. The main advantage of Arborjet, in my opinion, is the arborplug. This "closed" injection site limits wounding, speeds healing, inhibits decay or infection from entering site and prevents site from becoming vector for insects.

The treatment is done once a year. Although research is on-going on the possibility of applying Tree-age just once every two years. Should be more research data coming out this fall.

The biggest concern is not decay but vascular die back which is always more than the actual hole itself and the repeated causing of discolored wood and as they coalesce and as they restrict access to stored carbs.

Save the tree from EAB and it later dies from the injection wounds. Look at some of Alex Shigo's work.

Yes, this is absolutely concern. As far as I know, the most recent research into the effect you are referring to was done back in 2002... and didn't include the Arborjet system as it is currently comprised. I am not aware of any research correlating the use of the current system with vascular dieback.

I totally agree it is reckless to use a system without considering the potential risks and drawbacks. Each arborist has to weigh several conflicting factors for themselves: cost, environmental impact, effectiveness, potential risk to the tree. This is why we offer so many different options for EAB. Some applicators have decided to go with a simple soil drench of Imidacloprid or Safari. And there are several other options besides these.

Yes, this is absolutely concern. As far as I know, the most recent research into the effect you are referring to was done back in 2002... and didn't include the Arborjet system as it is currently comprised. I am not aware of any research correlating the use of the current system with vascular dieback.

I totally agree it is reckless to use a system without considering the potential risks and drawbacks. Each arborist has to weigh several conflicting factors for themselves: cost, environmental impact, effectiveness, potential risk to the tree. This is why we offer so many different options for EAB. Some applicators have decided to go with a simple soil drench of Imidacloprid or Safari. And there are several other options besides these.

I know there are options and I know they all represent revenue but in reality as I have read reams of info and research.....that the EmBen is the only truly reliable method/chem during heavy pressure (possible inclusion of injected immadacloprid too). Easy to look effective when a few are buzzing about. When they are all over and smacking into windshields and all over the ash....failure of your treatments represents a total waste of previously spent dollars.

60 percent control when a thousand larvae are trying to gain entrance means 400 have entered the tree and easy to figure out what that means.

I might also mention that some arborists choose to use Tree-age with their own infusion system. I can't recommend or endorse it, obviously, but I know of several guys who have rigged up their own system or are using a competing system to deliver the emamectin benzoate.

For what it is worth.

I might also mention that some arborists choose to use Tree-age with their own infusion system. I can't recommend or endorse it, obviously, but I know of several guys who have rigged up their own system or are using a competing system to deliver the emamectin benzoate.

For what it is worth.

Interesting. When I slow down in work I am likely going to pursue your leads.

Thanks for the all the info.

Latest posts

Back