Arborlearn.org

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Walsh

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA), the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and the National Arborist Association (NAA) are pleased to announce that they have formed a partnership to offer online educational seminars to arborists. While each association has a unique mission within the arboricultural community, the three associations recognized that by working together on this project, all of their members would benefit from the knowledge base of each organization.

The first workshop, Plant Appraisal Workshop, has debuted in June on their joint online learning website Arborlearn.org. ASCA has taken the lead on the first workshop, which is based on material from the Guide for Plant Appraisal, 9th Edition, with assistance from both ISA and NAA. The Plant Appraisal Workshop will feature six interactive sessions that will take participants through the three methods of appraisal.

Each organization will take the lead role in developing future seminars based on their area of expertise relating to the work of their members.

If you check out the site and/or program, please let me know your thoughts and where you found out about it.

Arborlearn.org

Thanks,

Tim Walsh

Staff Arborist
National Arborist Association, Inc.
3 Perimeter Rd Unit 1
Manchester NH 03103
Phone: 800-733-2622 ext 126
Fax: 603-314-5386
E-mail: [email protected]
http://www.natlarb.com/
Arborlearn.org

I think anytime you can learn more its a good thing. Now that we can learn online its even better. Treeclimber does bring up an interesting topic. Scholarships. I can see that many of these guys would be great consultining arborists if they could afford some of these workshops. I realize some arent much, but $200 bucks can make or break some families. Do some larger companies, if you work for them, provide schooling? Online classes are getting more and more popular, although with 56k modems booting you off routinely, I think its still up in the air. Until cable or DSL lines become household we cant rely on online classes, unless you can pick up where the computer left you. Is this possible? I would be interested in it, cause I have no background in it. If anyone takes it. Let us know the feedback. It sounds great...:)

Latest posts

Back