Archer bars and chain.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamT1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone run them? I ordered one off eBay because it was so cheap. $39 for a bar and chain combo. I see a lot of the chain reviews and seems it depends on your standards, but hey I’ll try anything once. But I don’t see anything about the bars.

I like them. Especially the price. Haven’t had any issues so far but i am just a casual cutter.
Read that they’re china but an australlian company so thats why it says that.

Stihl 025 for sale
Stihl 250 for sale
3 saw plan:
Stihl 201t
Stihl 260 pro
Stihl 460
+
Echo 600p
Stihl ms211

After owning some archer stuff for a month : So far I have no complaints on the bar. The chain cuts a wide curf and seems to eat some extra power over a stihl RS chain. The stretch is pretty intense too. Teeth stay sharp ok for a full chiesel, Almost as long as Oregon, no chance against a stihl.

I think I’ll keep buying bars as long as this one lasts as planned. Probably not on the chains but I may change my mind after another sharpening or two. I think it’s only $8 extra to get a chain with a bar though and that’s hard to pass up.

I think if your buying for Value its perfect and a leader in that.

If you need to get the job done as fast as possible without stop I think the bar is ok but the chain is not.

I’m actually trying their skip chain out on a 32 bar. It actually holds the factory edge very well.

I haven’t bore cut with it yet as there has been no need. It didn’t stretch any worse than a loop of Oregon.

I just filed it up it’s a little harder tooth than Oregon.

If I was buying chain for just firewood cutting I’d buy just that I think.

I am particular about what chain I run on long bars. The only reason I tried it for a fallin saw is that’s where I’m particular.

Personally I’d keep a loop of Oregon and stihl all my spares would be archer. Just for the fact of price.
That said I have some partial rolls of Windsor chain laying around so I’m not buying chain anyhow
Just had to try it

Back