Archer Saw chain, made in Australia

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to communicate with him, sure he writes back but does not answer the question. He has some 25 foot lengths of 0.043 full chisel 3/8lp, I ask are the cutters the same as those on the 0.050 just the chasis lighter like Carlton N4C. How hard is that to answer?

I took some photos of these posted earlier in the thread

Just wanted to toss in an update on this chain. Used my 170 to clear a fence line and of course that involved finding fence a few times. This chain held up rather well, no missing teeth yet and it didn't dull them much at all. After touching them up on the grinder you can see a few teeth on each chain that have a knick in them still, it'll be gone after sharpening it a few times but I don't really notice while cutting.

I still want to switch the saw to a rim drive with .050 gauge LP but for now, this stuff works pretty damn good.

Just wanted to toss in an update on this chain. Used my 170 to clear a fence line and of course that involved finding fence a few times. This chain held up rather well, no missing teeth yet and it didn't dull them much at all. After touching them up on the grinder you can see a few teeth on each chain that have a knick in them still, it'll be gone after sharpening it a few times but I don't really notice while cutting.

I still want to switch the saw to a rim drive with .050 gauge LP but for now, this stuff works pretty damn good.
No problems with the roll of semi chisel I have either...no broken chains and I don't notice it getting dull faster than normal and I've used it all season

After reading this thread decided to order a Archer chain as a spare for my Echo 58 volt saw. Great price, and feel confident now after reading input from other forum members.

i know im 2 years late to this thread but i gave archer a try and i wont look back. i feel its a quality chain and holds in edge pretty well. 20" and 24" chains so far so good. going to order a 42" skip chisel and ripping and give them a shot.

i know it does i got into some mulberry this past week with my jred 2255 and 670 and that chain sang right thru and still has a nice edge on it and throws some big chips

I have to say it took me a lil while to come around to it but the chains and bars work good haven't had a problem ran them on saws 30cc-80cc different size chains pitches and styles for the price its worth it to give it a go

Speak as you find, having used this chain professionally, at first I was a bit dubious, due to how cheap it is to purchase, but on using it was very impressed. True to a lot of un pre-stretched chain, it does stretch a little to begin with but soon settles down, holds a sharp edge for a good while and is easy to sharpen.

Our local l&m fleet stopped stocking oregon products pushing more for tri-link brand and I gotta say they suck.. so I've been shopping around I like a stihl rs chain but they can hurt the pocket archer seemed to cut as nice in a full chisel and easier to put an edge on, their files seem to bite real nice not trying to be a salesman

I like the stuff. Been through a 25ft roll and will order another. At $68 a roll I cant beat it.

Our local l&m fleet stopped stocking oregon products pushing more for tri-link brand and I gotta say they suck.. so I've been shopping around I like a stihl rs chain but they can hurt the pocket archer seemed to cut as nice in a full chisel and easier to put an edge on, their files seem to bite real nice not trying to be a salesman
Ditto the findings on TriLink.

I bought 6 loops of 16" .325 66DL .50 FC Archer chain for my new 543XP for $51 shipped on eBay and it’s been doing good for me so far. I’ve been cutting up a truckload of red oak with the chainsaw and chain for sometime now. Id but more of it at that price.

Edit: now I see that buying a roll of chain is the way to go but I have enough gains for awhile.

This is from an Archer chain rep. I told him that I would post it here, to go along with the user feedback experience:

"Archer Chainsaw Chain comes from PMD International an Australian company headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.

Archer Chainsaw Chain is made with Japanese steel in a manufacturing facility that PMD International owns and operates in China. The saw chain manufacturing plant was set up a several years ago with the help of a former Oregon/Carlton saw chain engineer. I have known the Australian family behind Archer chain for over 25 years, I have been through the chain plant and I am very confident in the product they sell. PMD even makes chain (private label) for one of John Deere's subsidiaries here in the states.

Archer has installed the most comprehensive laboratory to ensure that all materials and parts all continuously quality controlled to ensure 100% consistent high quality. Archer have also installed a Q.C. system that ensures all saw chain is manufactured to high Western standards. Archer only use high quality Nickel Alloy steel to manufacture saw chain, the high-quality steel ensures toughness, and durability to accommodate all conditions and climates.

CHROMING All Archer saw chain cutters are plated with hard industrial chrome. The process used ensures a lasting cutting edge and a superior stay sharp quality. Regarding the RIVETS Archer knows that the quality of the rivet is the key to high quality saw chain. All rivets are manufactured to the highest tolerances and are processed through 4 different heat treatment processes to ensure maximum and optimum performance. The induction hardening high frequency generators are state-of-the-art and ensure optimum hardness and performance.

If you check out our feedback's you can see what our customers (and we have many repeat customers) say about the Archer chain and if you try the Archer chain, we think you will be very happy you did."

Philbert

Back