Archer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Quality seems decent. Anyone know who makes these? They are literally the cheapest option on eBay as far as us shipped options. Got these to convert a 025 to 3/8lp all for under 40$ shipped anybody have any real life experience with the Archer brand bars and chains? I was surprised to see that it's not a safety chain.
20200319_132251.jpgScreenshot_20200319-132804.png

I just bought a couple loops of low profile full chisel chain from them. Other members said its good stuff.
Archer’s warehouse is in a suburb of St Paul MN so they ship really fast to me.

I’ve played with their stuff a few times.
I bought a bar and chain combo initially. Stihl 66dl full Chiesel. The bar crapped out early. About 1/3 the life of an Oregon bar. The chain was very slow initially. I think it cuts a wider kerf initially. It did speed up after a couple sharpening. But after a couple more of wouldn’t hold an edge good.
Bought a husqvarna pattern bar, didn’t run it a lot but was fine while I had thesaw.
A year later though I bought 3 .058 chains for my using a bar up experiment and those have been excellent chains. I’ve sharpened them on 20* though. I get a cord between sharpenings, that’s great for me. I’ve pretty much used them up and I haven’t had to put links in them, but I do run a 8 pin rim. Pretty tempted to buy a roll after this go round with them. They don’t even act like the same chain, besides they were slow out of the box.

Thanks fellers that's the kind of info I was looking for.. I will report back on my experience with them after I get all the parts in to put this thing back together.

Made in China. But local firewood cutters like the budget chain and bars.

Only had one chain come back broke so far. It was wore half way. No clue why or how he broke it. Everything else looked good on it. Mended it back.
s290archerbarchain.jpg_thumb.png

Back