arden cogar jr is best all around lumberjack in the usa

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
melvin was the best in the u.s.a. for years

no way melvin lentze to be a all around you have to be good in the sawing and chopping plus melvin as been the all around jack champion for years maybe you are to young to remember or:chainsawguy: never heard of him i don't know

no way melvin lentze to be a all around you have to be good in the sawing and chopping plus melvin as been the all around jack champion for years maybe you are to young to remember or:chainsawguy: never heard of him i don't know

Plus Mel is real logger in his spare time. I like this guy, Arden is well mannered and good too, just not the same thing.

jamie

Arden used to be on here until they changed it over.

Her is a list of the all around champions from Webster Spings W.V. That would be Ardon cogar Jrs home town

1972 Dave Geer
1973 Arden Cogar Sr.
1974 Arden Cogar Sr.
1975 Arden Cogar Sr.
1976 Arden Coar Sr.
1977 Ron Hartill
1978 Dave Geer
1979 Arden Cogar Sr.
1980 Arden Cogar Sr.
1981 Rolin Eslinger
1982 Melvin Lentz
1983 Paul Cogar
1984 Rudy Dettmer
1985 Melvin Lentz
1986 Paul Cogar
1987 Paul Cogar
1988 Melvin Lentz
1989 Rolin Elsinger
1990 Melvin Lentz
1991 Melvin Lentz
1992 Melvin Lentz
1993 Melvin Lentz
1994 Melvin Lentz
1995 Matt Bush / Mike Sullivan
1996 Harry Burnsworth
1997 Dave Jewett
1998 Dave Jewett
1999 Matt Bush
2000 Dave Jewett
2001 Dave Jewett
2002 Jason Wynyard
2003 Jason Wynyard
2004 Matt Bush
2005 Dave Jewett
2006 (Tie) Jason Wynyard/Dave Jewett

I did not see his name on the list. Dave Jewett is from the USA and so is Matt Bush. Hope this helps

Hey, I'm related to Dave Geer. Up and out one of the branches. Just to make this clear, I don't have much woodsman capabilities, except tree ID of course.;)

yo dino

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
arden cogar jr is best all around lumberjack in the usa

this is my 2cents arden cogar jr is good but just to let you know this year in webster he did win over all but to me it was rigged funny thing is he did not win nothing on sunday but still won over all also they only let two competitors out of the country to compete this year also if you want to beat the best u need to beat the best and if i was jamie i would have wanted the competition so if i won i would have known that i had beat the best in the world the wood on saturday was no were close in comparison also jamie is the home town kid that has never won so how conveniet that they change the rules this year and he wins the show over all this year i think it is a bunch of bull so if you want to consider that a true win for him go ahead and call him the best if you like by the way im sorry for anybody that i piss off but the truth is the truth also im not say that jamie is not good at what he does because he probly is ranked 15-18 of the best competitors in the world but not number one and not number one in the usa cause if so the show would not have been fixxed just my 2 cents SORRY FOR EVERYONE THAT I OFFENDED WHEN SAYING THIS :deadhorse:

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

this is my 2cents arden cogar jr is good but just to let you know this year in webster he did win over all but to me it was rigged funny thing is he did not win nothing on sunday but still won over all also they only let two competitors out of the country to compete this year also if you want to beat the best u need to beat the best and if i was jamie i would have wanted the competition so if i won i would have known that i had beat the best in the world the wood on saturday was no were close in comparison also jamie is the home town kid that has never won so how conveniet that they change the rules this year and he wins the show over all this year i think it is a bunch of bull so if you want to consider that a true win for him go ahead and call him the best if you like by the way im sorry for anybody that i piss off but the truth is the truth also im not say that jamie is not good at what he does because he probly is ranked 15-18 of the best competitors in the world but not number one and not number one in the usa cause if so the show would not have been fixxed just my 2 cents SORRY FOR EVERYONE THAT I OFFENDED WHEN SAYING THIS :deadhorse:

You could be the only person on this board who really knows Arden Cogar Jr (Jamie). The Webster Show is a family run show and his mom is the one who chooses who can compete, which means international competitors (who can kick his butt easily) are not permitted to compete. I'm not saying Jamie's not good, but as far as being the best in the USA -- I don't know if I would immediately trust that claim.

its been anohther year and it was rigged again they invite a compeditor from another country and he declined so they put him in anyways so they did not have to let anyone else in the show and made up a last minute story he could not make it how convient so as ive said before hes not the best in timber sports heck he's not much of a lawyer either in my opion he's a momams boy heck she riggs the show and takes care of his kids and hes spubposed to be a stand up guy yeah RIGHT just my thought and opions sorry again to any and everyone i offened again later

its been anohther year and it was rigged again they invite a compeditor from another country and he declined so they put him in anyways so they did not have to let anyone else in the show and made up a last minute story he could not make it how convient so as ive said before hes not the best in timber sports heck he's not much of a lawyer either in my opion he's a momams boy heck she riggs the show and takes care of his kids and hes spubposed to be a stand up guy yeah RIGHT just my thought and opions sorry again to any and everyone i offened again later

Hahahahaha.
Why don't you put on a show? Then you wouldn't have to worry about it being rigged, and if he showed up you could kick his @ss in the underhand.

Of course if you do put on a show get ready, because no matter what you do someone is going to say it's rigged.:cheers:

Andy

I really hate to dig up old posts but this one reads like.............. well you know. He'' who needs spelling when they have poor phonics or even better ubonics.

Bill

I knew Arden Sr back in his prime,he was really good. I bought a competition (Australian axe) from him and he spent quit a bit of time helping me with it. I never came close to being as good as him,but he was willing to help me and that showed me he was a class act. I have talked to jr over at the chainsaw forum several times,but have never met him in person seems like a really nice guy. Its hard to say one guy is as good as the others. Its kind of like arguing which football team was the best over the past 50 years. Arden Sr may not be the best of all time to some,but to me he was very special,and was a great guy.

ol melvine

been knowing melvin long time.Years of comp. put wins up against any body else,sure gonna be hard to beat.

thier no qustion arden cogar jr and mel lentz and Dave Jewett

thier no qustion arden cogar jr and mel lentz and Dave Jewett i would say are the 4 best in usa right and matt cogar i have competed with all 4 great compectiors hard 2 beat no i have beat 2 of them befor in axe throw one time for arden 2 times for matt arden not good at axe throw and buy the way i know 3 of the 4 prety good i know Dave Jewett ok but the outher 3 i know much beather mel lentz has helped me with axe throw

You could be the only person on this board who really knows Arden Cogar Jr (Jamie). The Webster Show is a family run show and his mom is the one who chooses who can compete, which means international competitors (who can kick his butt easily) are not permitted to compete. I'm not saying Jamie's not good, but as far as being the best in the USA -- I don't know if I would immediately trust that claim.

He is the best if he sets up the show!!!

Last edited:
Back