Are Husqvarna and Jonsered the same saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYH1

Tacticle Chainsaw Operator.
Reaction score
Someone mentioned that Husqvarna and Jonsered are owned by the same company or partnered somehow. I was looking at the Husky 353 and I'm quite certain I'm going to buy one. I really like it! I was looking on Jonsered's web sight just to see what they had. I noticed that the Jonsered CS 2152 C has the same spec's as the Husky 353. The only difference being the Vibrations (front and back), everything else is the same. Are they the same saw? If not what's the difference? The Jonsered seems to cost a little more too. Thanks, NYH1!

NYH1 said:
Someone mentioned that Husqvarna and Jonsered are owned by the same company or partnered somehow. I was looking at the Husky 353 and I'm quite certain I'm going to buy one. I really like it! I was looking on Jonsered's web sight just to see what they had. I noticed that the Jonsered CS 2152 C has the same spec's as the Husky 353. The only difference being the Vibrations (front and back), everything else is the same. Are they the same saw? If not what's the difference? The Jonsered seems to cost a little more too. Thanks, NYH1!

Both made in the same factory far as I know. Same saws with different names and some features, mostly cosmetic from what I've been reading...

Yes Husqvarna and Jonsered are pretty much one in the same except for minor differences in some of the plastic covers etc. They are both owned by Electrolux and made in the same factory as i understand it. Both are great saws! Some folks think the Jonsered color scheme makes for a better looking saw and i would have to agree! But i usually use Husky because i have a great dealer nearby.

THALL, thanks. Do you know if they have the same engines? The 353 has a heavy duty crankshaft. Does the Johny Red? As always I appreciate all the help I can get!

Thanks, fixitguy75. I have a few Husky and Johnny Red dealers in my area. I'm just worried that if they are the same saws made by the same company one brand might not be around much longer. I could be totally wrong about this but most manufactures are trying to get rid of their redundant product lines and make just one brand. I don't know if this is going to happen in the chain saw industry.....I HOPE NOT! It's happening in a lot of others. I want the brand that will be around. Again, I'm probably over reacting I know!!!

Last edited:
Yes the engines are the same as i understand it. If you look at parts lists for comparable Jonsered/Husky saw the part #'s are the same for most all major components, piston, cylinder, rings, bearings, etc. As far as one brand being around longer than another.... That's anyone's guess, but i don't see Husky or Johnny Red going anywhere anytime soon!:cheers:

components are the same. Everything internal are the same, but the covers are diffferant and the angle on the handle bar is straight on the Jred models. Some prefer the straight handle, others prefer the angle on the husky's. it is meant to look like a differant saw.

Husky and Jred have been doing this for years. I don't know the exact date, but it is over 10 years. don't worry about it.

The Jred's seem to carry a higher pricetag than the husky's, but then again, everyone has an orange saw.

From my understanding Electrolux divided. They put all outdoor power under Husky and everything else under electrolux, still the same company just different divisions. I don't see Jonsered going away anytime soon, they just Hired a brand manger, that position has been empty for a while. So if anything expect to see more out of them in the future. also the different handlebars have there own reasons not just to tell the saws apart. You can use the Jonsereds handle bar as a felling sight.

THALL10326 said:
Both made in the same factory far as I know. Same saws with different names and some features, mostly cosmetic from what I've been reading...

Yes the same saws But Jonsereds are only built when there is a full moon out.
And then only when the sun, earth and moon is in a stright line with the North star.:D

manual said:
Yes the same saws But Jonsereds are only built when there is a full moon out.
And then only when the sun, earth and moon is in a stright line with the North star.:D
Also, the Jonsereds use a piston ring made of Kryptonite, giving them powers and abilities far beyond mortal saws.

Thanks guys! Now I wish I looked at the Jonsered's when I went to the dealer last week. I only looked at Stihl and Husky. Next time I guess.

I think I might like the straight handle better then the angle one. I'll have to check it out. Again thanks!

Jonsered Rep said:
From my understanding Electrolux divided. They put all outdoor power under Husky and everything else under electrolux, still the same company just different divisions. I don't see Jonsered going away anytime soon, they just Hired a brand manger, that position has been empty for a while. So if anything expect to see more out of them in the future. also the different handlebars have there own reasons not just to tell the saws apart. You can use the Jonsereds handle bar as a felling sight.

So tell me; if I find an old 2094 or 2095, I can use parts interchangeably with my 394XP?? Just curious. Thanks for the info, BTW.

Jonsered Rep said:

So tell me; if I find an old 2094 or 2095, I can use parts interchangeably with my 394XP?? Just curious. Thanks for the info, BTW.

Jonsered Rep said:

Latest posts

Back