Are queen palm invasive?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned946

Reaction score
My HOA wants me to move newly planted queens anther foot away from a cinder block wall (from 2 to 3 feet)....this is for all p lants.
From my limited knowledge, queens have non invasive roots and shouldn[t pose a problem at 2'
So, what's the skinny?
Any supporting doc links would be helpfult to make my case.

THank you! (from HOA hell):bang:

planting just 3 feet away from a wall is still pretty close sounding to me. do you know how big this tree can get? over 50 feet tall. it is a fast growing tree. i would say move it if it is only 2 feet from a wall. this will prevent future problems. move it while it is still small and manageable

Around 2 mins and 10mb WMV

Although these are Golden Cane palms ... Queen do the same.

3' minimum to the wall providing the other side is free from obstruction (no pools, fences, paths etc. Also, dig the soil away from the wall and lay thick damp course so the fine roots dont work the bricks.

http://www.palmtreeservices.com.au/video/palmroots.wmv

Very good links.

And both confer it's a messy bugger that you'll get sick of cleaning as they don't drop the crap easily. You'll go from a pole saw, to ladder and from a ladder to either a cherry picker or hospital. :greenchainsaw:

They're weeds here and I kill them by the thousands, yes they propagate from seed.

There's many better choices of palms out there.

See my avatar, that's you palms future! lol

agreed, they're messy

Very good links.

And both confer it's a messy bugger that you'll get sick of cleaning as they don't drop the crap easily. You'll go from a pole saw, to ladder and from a ladder to either a cherry picker or hospital. :greenchainsaw:

They're weeds here and I kill them by the thousands, yes they propagate from seed.

There's many better choices of palms out there.

See my avatar, that's you palms future! lol

And, you need to consider anything that close to a building to be a probable vector for bugs and other small critters getting into or onto the building.

Latest posts

Back