• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Ariel 500cc single.

L34

Go the HAWKS
Dad's Ariel.
Hasn't been going in 3 years.
Put in fresh fuel, primed carby,
started on second kick.
Its a bit like an 064,if you don't kick it it will kick you.
It sure bruised my ankle a few years ago.
That's him on the bike.

Attachments

Little Al

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
Dad's Ariel.
Hasn't been going in 3 years.
Put in fresh fuel, primed carby,
started on second kick.
Its a bit like an 064,if you don't kick it it will kick you.
It sure bruised my ankle a few years ago.
That's him on the bike.
"Arr the dreaded Red Hunter Should be fitted with ignition Av/Ret lever near the clutch lever clamp May possibly a double lever the other being air slide /choke most of the one pot motors of that era above 250cc's if not ignition retarded on start up will either fire you into orbit or break your ankle Ariel & Panther were notable exponents of firing the rider in the air These "Wuzzers of today have "leccy" start on 50c c mopeds

L34

Go the HAWKS
The bike has 2 levers,one for timing,one for slide.
It just has so much compression.
I believe it is not a red hunter,dad did paint the tank and oil tank blue.
Yes there was a square 4.
This bike is approx 1948-1950.

Little Al

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
The bike has 2 levers,one for timing,one for slide.
It just has so much compression.
I believe it is not a red hunter,dad did paint the tank and oil tank blue.
Yes there was a square 4.
This bike is approx 1948-1950.
Was a bit of a Ariel enthusiast in the mid 50's Had a 350trials & 500scrambler all alloy engine "jobbies" If your dads bike is 48/50& a 500 one pot it would be a VH Red Hunter built 32/59 initially right when produced so only needed minor "tweeks"& lived long They did come in different colour schemes, the ally engine version was the VCH

grizz55chev

grizz55chev

Tree Freak
They did a square 4 didnt they? 4cylinders but it looked like a big single.

I had a hardcover mechanical manual for one years ago
That square 4 was a beautiful machine, but I bet it was a nightmare to work on. I’m a Triumph guy, mines a 73 Bonnie 750, it’s been mine for over 35 yrs, starts on first or second kick, as long as there’s fuel and a charge in the battery. I get more looks and compliments than any HD I’ve ever pulled up next to. Even the under 30 crowd recognize it because of Evil Knevil! Still has the original paint on it.:)

L34

Go the HAWKS
Was a bit of a Ariel enthusiast in the mid 50's Had a 350trials & 500scrambler all alloy engine "jobbies" If your dads bike is 48/50& a 500 one pot it would be a VH Red Hunter built 32/59 initially right when produced so only needed minor "tweeks"& lived long They did come in different colour schemes, the ally engine version was the VCH
Was told its not a hunter so not sure.
Never have confirmed history

stihl sawing

stihl sawing

MAD DOG
That square 4 was a beautiful machine, but I bet it was a nightmare to work on. I’m a Triumph guy, mines a 73 Bonnie 750, it’s been mine for over 35 yrs, starts on first or second kick, as long as there’s fuel and a charge in the battery. I get more looks and compliments than any HD I’ve ever pulled up next to. Even the under 30 crowd recognize it because of Evil Knevil! Still has the original paint on it.:)
Who has a 73 bonnie?:mad:

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA certified abnormality-free.
Depends on who's looking for me.....and why.
Many years ago, I ended up with one of these. A BSA 500 cc Scrambler. It was so long ago, I can't even recall the year. But, at the time, it was only a few years old.

I traded something for it. Not sure what though. Anyways, I kept it about a month or so. It was in very good shape and it ran fine. It just wasn't my cup of tea though. Too slow, heavy, and didn't handle all that well. It took a mighty strong left hand to pull that clutch in time and time again.

The one I had, wasn't quite as clean as this one, but it was awful close.

See the drip pad underneath? It's there for a good reason. :laugh:

Little Al

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
Was told its not a hunter so not sure.
Never have confirmed history
Have a look at the frame/engine #If if contains VH in it it"sa h
View attachment 692365
Is that a stock frame? Looks like an old Amen Savior.
No the originals were girder forks solid rear end a single down tube frame mid 50's saw tele forks Garden gate rear suspension but still with single down tube I suspect your dads bike a built up "jobbie" using Ariel engine G box & running gear Engine #should have a KH in it meaning Hunter unit