Arkansas Oklahoma Missouri GTG.....Who's game?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is already colder here North Central OK than it has been in all of past four winters. I don't like :( but my Fiancee is Russian, Siberia and it has already been -37 there and can go near -55 and more. That is really cold...

Hey guys!

Had a great OT today that I thought I would share...New neighbor moved in about a year ago that has proven to be rather obnoxious. This is one of the guys that is always telling you how things were done back home and that all of us hillbilly farmers need to learn from his wisdom. I have yet to have an encounter with the man that I haven't received a lecture about how I should be doing the task at hand. A few months ago he informed me that we were all wasting money buying 4X4 trucks in such a mild climate and that if we would learn snow driving skills equal to his, we could save money. I didn't bother telling him that 4X4 also works great for mud and steep ground. I also made no mention that we usually get our share of ice.

Today the obnoxious one was unusually subdued as I pulled his fanny out of the ditch that a 2" snow put him into. It was icing on the cake when I found out that he had spent an hour in the ditch before my rescue with some of my other neighbors pasting him by with only a honk and a wave.:clap: I kept my mouth shut(really tough) and excepted his humble "thank you" without fanfare. I think that future encounters may be a bit more pleasant. Yep, I'm still laughing my guts out!

MO-Iron

I just love it when the now it all proves his self wrong. You are better than me though I would of reminded him of all the not needing a 4x4 thing.

It is already colder here North Central OK than it has been in all of past four winters. I don't like :( but my Fiancee is Russian, Siberia and it has already been -37 there and can go near -55 and more. That is really cold...

Is she here yet? Have you made all the payments? :)

I just came over here for a minute. I feel like the kid playing slapstick with a cottonmouth. :)

I should quit while I am ahead!

Back