ArboristSite.com Sponsors

AS sponsor list wanted...

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by brenndatomu, Mar 8, 2013.

1. brenndatomu

brenndatomu Hey you woodchucks, quit chucking my wood!

I have been trying to find a complete list of AS sponsors. I know the major sponsors are at the top of every page. But I also know several members have mentioned that they or the company they work for are sponsors, just not to the level that gets their ad at the top of the page. I haven't been able to find "the rest" am I just missing it?

2. Fish

Fish Account Hold

I agree, also we need a list of moderators.

3. Philbert

Philbert Chainsaw Enthusiast

Funny you should post this.

For some reason, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Don't know why. A few guys have told me that they are sponsors, but do not pay for the banner ads, etc. Also, some of the banner ads seem to rotate, so I don't always see some names. I searched around the site for a list of sponsors, then figured it was not that important.

But it would be nice to have a simple list that members could refer to. E.G.:

Screen Name, Physical Location, Services Offered (maybe up to x words), contact information (web link, e-mail, or phone number).

That way, if I was looking for a saw mod, or used parts, or someone who specialized in ECHO parts, etc., I could look through the list. The site could still give extra space to the major sponsors at different levels.

Philbert

4. Gologit

Gologit Completely retired...life is good.

Why?

5. stihl sawing

stihl sawing MAD DOG

Maybe Darin or Mrs. Arboristsite will post a thread on just that. You might PM one and ask.

There are several.

6. brenndatomu

brenndatomu Hey you woodchucks, quit chucking my wood!

Well, I 'spose not knowin who the mods are is kinda like goin out on Saturday nite lookin for trouble and then finding out afterward that the guy you just punched was an under cover cop! :msp_ohmy: :hmm3grin2orange:

Nah, a mod list is not a bad idea. This all started for me when I posted a non sponsor link a week or 2 back. (brain fart) Then, yesterday I wanted to mention a product in a thread and I wanted to see if a sponsor carried it first. I soon realized the banner ads are only some of the AS sponsors and there was no way I could know for sure I wasn't stepping on toes if I posted a link. And that brings up why I agree with Fish on the mods list, I just happen to know that Steve NW WI is a new mod, so I PMd him with my question. But if I was new here, it'd be nice to have an easily accessible list if ya gots a question or problem.

7. Gologit

Most of the sponsors have the word "sponsor" under their user name or in their signature. I believe the list is up to date as of now.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  8. Philbert

Philbert Chainsaw Enthusiast

But one would have to look through the 95,000 registered members to find them and ask about their products or services. I see a list as a way that could encourage members to patronize them, which in turn, encourages them to support A.S.

I suppose a sponsor could ask to be left off a list if they wanted to as well.

I like brenndatomu's idea of being able to clarify something ahead of time. I suppose we don't need to know all of the mods, but maybe have an 'ask a mod' mailbox?

JMHO.

Philbert

woodbooga likes this.
  9. epicklein22

epicklein22 One tree at a time

I think there should be a page for the small time guys like myself, the guys with the most basic sponsorships. I don't have a banner or anything like that. Just a little something in my signature.

10. Fish

Fish Account Hold

Well a list of signature sponsors, an an explanation of how it works would clear up a lot of confusion. I saw others put webaddresses in their
    signature, and did not know that they had to pay a fee to do so. I guess I was just ignorant of how websites and forums work.

It would be nice to know who the moderators are, because they change often, and sometimes the only way I find out if someone is a moderator
    is after I get in trouble.

Are Trimmed and /or Gary still moderators? I don't ever invoke the name of them to whine or anything, but every now and then a new guy will emerge telling folks what to do without whipping out a badge or something. I am all for Law and Order, but we need to know who the cops are...

11. stihl sawing

stihl sawing MAD DOG

I will have to agree with you guys, There is probably a need for list of sponsers. Would make it easier for a member to find a sponser to order from. The moderator list is ok with me too. Trimmmed and Gary are still moderators. but it's not up to a mod to authorize it. Has to come from the site owners.

12. Gologit

And speaking of ads in signatures...are you a paying sponsor, Fish? I can't seem to find you on my list.

13. Fish

Fish Account Hold

Whoops, am I late???? I'll log onto Paypal and look for the invoice....

14. Fish

Fish Account Hold

So does this mean that you are a moderator too???

Just a curious member/customer.......

15. Typhke

Typhke ArboristSite Operative

I've been following the thread but it seems there aren't many people replying so here I go. I support a list of moderators and sponsors.

The list of moderators is easy when you need to ask something rules related or about the forum structure. Also easy to report spam or problems in the international forums. Just comes in handy from time to time I think, but may be a problem if new guys find the list and start spamming mods with question instead of posting them.

The list of sponsors is more important imo. I'm from Europe and it would be an advantage for shipping parts. It would be nice if you could contact a site sponsor to order an item instead of using a random site. Just a little bit safer (also for the guys from the States I think). Next to that, it would be easy to find the right supplier for a specific product you're searching. No longer going to a search engine/searching the usual suppliers but just search the list here to find what you need. Ofc, it would be good for the sponsors too, they can get some extra customers and some extra revenues, that may result in more sponsors so AS would benefit too.

16. 2treeornot2tree

2treeornot2tree Dont cry, just do it

He is.

I dont think a list of mods or the title under there name is a bad idea. the first time trimmed snipped me, i didnt know who he was. it could have been another member playing a joke on me with a pm. I figured out who he was when he banned me for a week. The easiest thing to do would be just put a title under there user name.

17. Gologit

This is really bugging you, isn't it. :msp_biggrin:

18. Fish

Fish Account Hold

Yeah, it is..... Or was.....

19. Fish

Fish Account Hold

How many posts since then?????

20. sarge3604

sarge3604 Maine-iac

wierd i was thinking the same thing too about lists of sponsors and moderators who are the site owners?:rock: