As usual, E-Bay has it has it "Ass-Backwards".....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this message from E-Bay a while ago.

Over %70 of my orders in the past week were to the Carolinas and Virginia.

Dear XXXXXX:
Our thoughts are with you and the Carolina coast as the destructive effects of Hurricane Florence continue. We want you to know that we're supporting your business during this time.

eBay will automatically apply Seller Protection to all impacted sellers. This means you will not receive defects for stockouts or unresolved cases with buyers, and your late shipment rate will not be impacted.

Additionally, we will email any buyers who have made a purchase from sellers in the affected area to ask for their patience and inform them that their order might be delayed.

You can find out more here, and feel free to contact customer service at 1 (866) 540-3229.

No, their items/parts didn't make it, and they wanted their money back.

I did win 1 case, the guy had the item mailed to his P.O. box, and the Post Office was destroyed.

Luckily, Ebay sided with me on that one. The tracking showed it made it to the post office several days before the hurricane hit.

Pretty much anytime I put something for sale on CL I get a couple spam messages that all follow the same basic format: bad grammar and spelling, offer to buy 20-50% over asking price in exchange for a cashiers check "to cover shipping", 3rd party brokers and 100% intending to rip you off.

Pretty much anytime I put something for sale on CL I get a couple spam messages that all follow the same basic format: bad grammar and spelling, offer to buy 20-50% over asking price in exchange for a cashiers check "to cover shipping", 3rd party brokers and 100% intending to rip you off.

I send them this:
f522e836d85208d4754b6877e15dc211.jpg

And then block their number.

Ever try letgo? All this for a poulan $40 4218. I'm guessing I was supposed to wait for this guy for an hour but I couldn't translate.

image.jpg image.jpg

Latest posts

Back