ASH Bin/ Bucket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firecatf7333

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I use coal to heat my house, and will fill a small 10 gallon ash bin almost daily. I have small bobcat with forks....and would empty the small ash pan in the large apple size bin......and then empty at the end of the year. The problem is the large bin can't really dump, and if I tip it over it want's to break. Any suggestions on something that would hold a lot of coal ash and i'd be able to dump it better than the apple bin?

thanks

Find an old 2 yard trash dumpster. Hire a trash truck to come empty it when it gets full. If you own your own dumpster and call for an occasional service, the fees should be quite reasonable.

2 cubic yards=336 gallons=empty once a month.

Be sure to keep it covered. Full of ash and water it will be too heavy.

I thought coal was supposed to be better than wood in both consumption and left ash? Are you heating 10,000 square feet?

Find an old 2 yard trash dumpster. Hire a trash truck to come empty it when it gets full. If you own your own dumpster and call for an occasional service, the fees should be quite reasonable.

2 cubic yards=336 gallons=empty once a month.

Be sure to keep it covered. Full of ash and water it will be too heavy.

I can't even begin to imagin how much coal one would shovel to produce 10 gal of ash/day. I produce maybe 1 1/2 gal/wk of wood ash burning 24/7.

Harry K

We use self dumping hoppers at work for steel scrap, I imagine they'd work for your use as well.

Just a quick image grabbed off the net:

37214_1_700x700.jpg

Back