Asplundh whisper chipper jey series wiring/electrical issues...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diy mechanic mike

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok so my chipper was running great last fall and winter hit and was such a wet winter couldnt do alot of moving chipper around so it sat a bit. Anyway it is not wanting to start and "i think" ive tried everything lol. So the problem is when i turn key to start it, the solenoid buzzes and when i try to jump across it wont crank either just makes a spark. Starter is good its brand new and i also took it off to make sure and it spun out great. While i had it off i cleaned the mounting area for the grounding on both engine and starter block. Took wires off starter and solenoid and wire brushed and even went the extra mile and put dielectric grease on them. And put it back together and it still buzzed. So i hooked jumper cables up to truck and to chipper battery thinking maybe not enough juice in battery cuz it sat all winter in the cold. As soon as i hooked it up i was in hurry so before it charged up good i tried to start chipper and it started to crank but was weak so i un hooked jumper cables and hooked up battery charger all day yesterday and battery is now charged. But when i unhooked charger and went o to start it up just buzzed again and i hooked charger back up and put on engine start selection and it still buzzed. So im not sure what to check now.... battery.... fairly decent napa battery. Solenoid....... not even 6 months old and its a heavy duty trombetta continuous 200a. Starter is like 6 months old as well and is from napa. If anyone has an idea what i should check please let me know what you think.

Thanks mike

Latest posts

Back