Attention Stihl dealers and users Kombi Blower problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WesternSaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Okay I think I might have a problem with the blower that I have for my stihl 90 Kombi system.I bought the unit in the spring of this year,the blower worked great and it sounded great.Now it seems to still have the same forced air power but the blower itself is making a bit of a racket,kinda like something is catching in there or loose or maybe a fin from the impeller is buggered.I want to have a clue about this because if I think there is something wrong with the blower unit.I want them to take a look at it.There is nothing wrong with the powerhead this is a blower unit problem only.Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks in Advance
Lawrence

I have sold several and only run one there in the shop. I have not heard of any problems with them but it does need to be looked at. I have seen handheld blowers than come in and a mouse, rat, or squirel has built nest in there and when you start them there is a strange noise. Keep up posted after the repair.

Kombi Blower attachment

Well Thanks so far fellas.I wonder what kind of bearings are in there,maybe something like that is shot.I do not own an Ipl for this blower,maybe that would help as to know what might be wrong in there.Icso10 do you know anything about that?Does anyone have an IPL for this machine?Thanks in advance!
Lawrence
Merry Christmas Fellas and a Healthy Happy New Year

There is 2 ball bearings that I can see. One on each end of the drive shaft. There are spacers between the rotors. I have a IPL on media cat disc from Stihl but dont know how to post it anywhere. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Latest posts

Back