atv logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That tractor will go through any terain a quad runner atv will and more therfor.making it a better all terain vehicle.

But can it fit in a 5' gap between trees or through a swamp? Lol!

My fire wood Atv measured 4'43333333333 feet at the rear tires and it will wade some mud up to at least 2 feet deep.

mpO0uor.jpg

6NQcoQA.jpg

Your quad may go thru some deep mud but it isn't going to be pulling a load of fire wood

:D Al

I've wanted to get a compact tractor for years, but their to rich for my blood. Someday.......I'll put one through its paces!

I have a compact tractor, Kubota L3301. It has 33HP, annoyed the crap out of me the first couple of days

Skidding logs turn around in the seat to see how the log is doing and the tractor would quit. Turn around move shuttle shifter in netural and it would start right up. Turn in the seat and it would quit again.

Decided to modify it to my likeing. installed a seat safety switch tab so it is held down permeant.

That little penciel box they put on them held a penciel and a eraser and it was full so I made a bracket and put a real tool box on it.

I had the tires filled with Beet Juice AKA Rim Guard, rear is still scary light when you put even a half load of dry elm and pine in the bucket and get it over 6 inches off the ground. I have like 3000 pounds of wheel weights that fit REAL TRACTORS but not the Kubota.
I got a 3 point draw bar and mounted 385 pounds of cast Massey Harris wheel center on it.

Is better but the bucket had better be hugging the ground if either rear hits a 5 inch hump,Or your rear will put another pleat in the seat. $1000 for 500 pounds of wheel weights that fit, What a rip off.

Also the Mickey Mouse turn buckle 3 pt stablizers are a real pain to hook up equipment to. Plan on a good half hour and go get pry bars and poles to get every thing lined up right.
$385.00 Quich Hitch was bought to fix that mess. I would have got the $99.00 Habour Freight one but saw how easy they bend up when stuck in thre mud with a tool hitched up.
You can also see the turn buckle dangling in the picture where it had came loose and rattled apart while running the back blade.
jFimrHP.jpg

25oesRM.jpg

Still had that scare the crap out of you widh of rear wheels stance. ran over a chunk of frozen snow about 8 inches tall when I was looking at the back blade. About had a heart attack and the seat had another huge pleat in the seat.

Shoveled off a big flat area of the drive way scarted about 6 inches of wood ashes and jacked the tractor up. Took the right side rim and tire to left side, the left side to the right side, You can do that with R1's Widened up the rear stance from 53 inches (8N Fords are wider stock than that.) out to 65 inches. Lot more stable but keep that bucket as low as possiable to keep from hitting the ground just in case.
vsBvofL.jpg

You can see the rim center inside the tires now.
x2vM2KK.jpg

Is to late now and wishing will get me or you no place. I had really wanted this Allis Chalmbers with the front loader like I wanted. Would have saved me over $8000.00 buying it. would not have went into sticker shock to buy Wheel weights as my stack will fit it. Also has a Perkins diesel and a proven record of longtivity. Even got to talk with the former owner who traded for more HP so he could do more farm work besides tow inslage wagons and clean feed lots.
enhance

But when your banker gets an Idea in her head that NEW is better what can you do? Except what you can get and learn to live with it and don't mind the pleats in the seat you have learned to grab when you pucker up. My property is not table top flat by any means.

If I could have a do over I would have stuck my feet in concrete, make her use a shovel and wheel borrow to move all the dirt she wanted moved.

OH and the front wheel assist. Been running rear wheel drive tractors for years and have learned where I can't go with them.
Know how to add weight and remove weight to make a class and make the real tractor go.

hpqscan0007.jpg

This should tick off the ATV bunch.

I have a compact tractor, Kubota L3301. It has 33HP, annoyed the crap out of me the first couple of days

Skidding logs turn around in the seat to see how the log is doing and the tractor would quit. Turn around move shuttle shifter in netural and it would start right up. Turn in the seat and it would quit again.

Decided to modify it to my likeing. installed a seat safety switch tab so it is held down permeant.

That little penciel box they put on them held a penciel and a eraser and it was full so I made a bracket and put a real tool box on it.

I had the tires filled with Beet Juice AKA Rim Guard, rear is still scary light when you put even a half load of dry elm and pine in the bucket and get it over 6 inches off the ground. I have like 3000 pounds of wheel weights that fit REAL TRACTORS but not the Kubota.
I got a 3 point draw bar and mounted 385 pounds of cast Massey Harris wheel center on it.

Is better but the bucket had better be hugging the ground if either rear hits a 5 inch hump,Or your rear will put another pleat in the seat. $1000 for 500 pounds of wheel weights that fit, What a rip off.

Also the Mickey Mouse turn buckle 3 pt stablizers are a real pain to hook up equipment to. Plan on a good half hour and go get pry bars and poles to get every thing lined up right.
$385.00 Quich Hitch was bought to fix that mess. I would have got the $99.00 Habour Freight one but saw how easy they bend up when stuck in thre mud with a tool hitched up.
You can also see the turn buckle dangling in the picture where it had came loose and rattled apart while running the back blade.
jFimrHP.jpg

25oesRM.jpg

Still had that scare the crap out of you widh of rear wheels stance. ran over a chunk of frozen snow about 8 inches tall when I was looking at the back blade. About had a heart attack and the seat had another huge pleat in the seat.

Shoveled off a big flat area of the drive way scarted about 6 inches of wood ashes and jacked the tractor up. Took the right side rim and tire to left side, the left side to the right side, You can do that with R1's Widened up the rear stance from 53 inches (8N Fords are wider stock than that.) out to 65 inches. Lot more stable but keep that bucket as low as possiable to keep from hitting the ground just in case.
vsBvofL.jpg

You can see the rim center inside the tires now.
x2vM2KK.jpg

Is to late now and wishing will get me or you no place. I had really wanted this Allis Chalmbers with the front loader like I wanted. Would have saved me over $8000.00 buying it. would not have went into sticker shock to buy Wheel weights as my stack will fit it. Also has a Perkins diesel and a proven record of longtivity. Even got to talk with the former owner who traded for more HP so he could do more farm work besides tow inslage wagons and clean feed lots.
enhance

But when your banker gets an Idea in her head that NEW is better what can you do? Except what you can get and learn to live with it and don't mind the pleats in the seat you have learned to grab when you pucker up. My property is not table top flat by any means.

If I could have a do over I would have stuck my feet in concrete, make her use a shovel and wheel borrow to move all the dirt she wanted moved.

OH and the front wheel assist. Been running rear wheel drive tractors for years and have learned where I can't go with them.
Know how to add weight and remove weight to make a class and make the real tractor go.

hpqscan0007.jpg

This should tick off the ATV bunch.

nice tractor pics......
Bet it works real nice

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Ya weight boxes are like the cast wheel weight on the rear. Makes the 3 point a useless piece of metal.
Would much rather stack up about 300 to 400 pounds on each wheel.

Yes that Allis is a nice tractor.

The 3 or 400 lbs on the rear wheels will do very little. We bought them for our loader tractor at work and it never made 50 lbs of difference in the bucket. The rear box blade that only weighs 350 lbs but is much farther behind the wheels made more of a difference. We were hoping to free up the 3 pth for other uses too. My TLB is even worse because it's weighted rear heavy on the front to allow for the back hoe on the back. This pic is loaded rears and nice wet branches. IMG_20150814_171435.jpg

I remember you posting that before cantoo.

That's a sweet little workhorse.

Latest posts

Back