ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Australian Day Jan. 26th

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Derwoodii brought this to my attention on my forum today... saying this holiday is "just like our 4th of July."

I had no clue, so I googled Wiki.

Not at all like our July 4th - we beat the British. :cheers:

However, it does seem that the British invasion of Australia decimated the indigenous people of that land just as it did in America.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Oh aye, you may be poking the bear down undah here lassy. They like to fight about anything and everything in Oz yeah know? There is also:

the all aussie dribble thread!

here on AS if you want to address them direct.
I kind of get that impression from Derwoodii...

Sheesh, I had no idea that thread existed - how could I it's in the chainsaw section.
:laughing:

Oh well, I'll just have to see what happens.
Thanks for the warning!

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
Derwoodii brought this to my attention on my forum today... saying this holiday is "just like our 4th of July."

I had no clue, so I googled Wiki.

Not at all like our July 4th - we beat the British. :cheers:

However, it does seem that the British invasion of Australia decimated the indigenous people of that land just as it did in America.
We don't mind the British, or Americans, we just like a holiday just as much as the next person & don't get too wound up about thinking what it's for.

Tin-knocker

Tin-knocker

ArboristSite Operative
We don't mind the British, or Americans, we just like a holiday just as much as the next person & don't get too wound up about thinking what it's for.
Don’t get too wound up thinking what it’s for? Isn’t that what holidays are for? To remember something. I thought that was their main point and the celebrations are to honor the thing you’re remembering.