Autofeed issues with my woodsman

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I bought a woodsman 15x and the autofeed works intermittently. It gets the rpms from the alternator and I checked the electrical connections at the solenoids and they looks clean. Any idea on how to troubleshoot this.

Additional question. If my worker pushes the reverse bar and the autofeed kicks in late, will it reverse the reverse and start sucking in the log?

I can’t find the ******* post. I have it narrowed down between the autofeed display and the wire from the alternator. I was hoping to find a way to rule out the solenoids before I spent money. If there was a way to see if they were “sticking” without replacing them.

"If you have any more problems call 989-772-8818 and ask for Paul, he has forgotten more about Woodsman chippers than most will ever know!"

sound familiar??
:cheers:

Yea, I talked to him. I just don’t want to buy stuff I don’t need. Do you have any idea if you press the reverse bar while autofeed kicks in if it will suck it in instead of reversing?

no clue
was just looking on the internet to try to help out.

I run a Vermeer

Look up Marquis Tree, I think I saw mentioned in here that he runs woodsman

I figured it out. The clutch was tight, but not tight enough. I upped the adjustment to 180 ft/lbs and it kicks in like it should. Before on a large piece it would slip and since the autofeed reads from the alternator the engine wouldn’t be bogging down, hence why the feed wheel wouldn’t stop.

Latest posts

Back