Awesome Craigslist adds, enough said

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I hear about this stuff the more I'm amazed that guys do go out and remove the trees for the firewood. Not companies but private guys and friends.

I did it many many years ago. Hey if you heat your house solely with wood, all you got left is unseasoned wood that smolders and you got a call a way back about a big oak straight dropper, near the road, not rotten with no bark on it, no brush left on it, and it is still there...?

starts to look like a real good deal at that point

Was gunna list another service who is willing to trade anything of value for tree work, but it had their name and I wasn't going to blast them like that, you all can find it by just looking around on my local CL page.
Surely some of u guys have better adds than mine, especially the big city guys. I looked in San Diego as Jeff told me it is crazy there, holy cow! They amaze me.

Chainsaw Massacre Tree Service!
Offering FREE tree takedowns!
Have the victim, er, customer sign the waiver during their heady euphoria of having the nasty tree over their house cut down at no cost to them not pay attention to the fine print that legally frees you from any and all responsibility for damage to their persons or property...
Could get interesting, kinda like a challenge of how badly stuff can get chitbombed!!!

On another related note.
Buddy got paid by customer to cut down Black Walnut$$
Sold Veneer grade Logs to Mill$$$

I've noticed lately there have been dumber then normal adds on c list like this one FREE ABUNDANT FIREWOOD

Bring your chain saws, we have an abundance of FREE firewood for you. All you have to bring is your certificate of liability to show us a copy or email to us to ensure you are licensed to handled that chain saw and that you know how to cut the tree for firewood.

Call asap 815.501.4911

Thanks!

I wish I could punch a person square in the face through a computer screen sometimes....

I forget where I saw his one but some guy was asking 2 grand for a walnut tree that didn't have one straight log in sight but was "48 inches in diameter" yea for the first 8 inches because there were 3 trees growing out of the same spot and the rest of the tree was at most 14"

ever since they got rid of the "adult services" section craigslist has been almost completely useless now whats a girl to do when she needs some extra cash? O I know sell the black walnut tree in there parents font yard!

Last edited:
work for wood

we have a company around here called "trees for free". WTF They will cut down hardwood trees for the wood, stack the brush. chipping is extra. Softwood they charge for, alot. A HO that hired them called me to grind the stumps. I made the sales call, they had crashed trees everywhere then ran a bobcat all over the lawn and irrigation picking up the wood. then they charged the HO $3,000 for pine removals in the backyard. I walked the job and no way was it worth 3k( maybe $1500). The homeowner didn't care, all the oaks were taken down for "free", there's one born every minute. I was so pissed at the whole situation I bid the stump grinding at $2,000 (worth maybe $800). I didn't get the job, maybe if I'd bid grinding the oak stumps for "free" then charged for the pine I would have gotten the job. moron

I know this is just a sales gimmick but one way or another either the HO or the 3 guys are going to end up getting the short end of the stick.

Tree Service for RENT

I think I'm gonna call !

I've noticed lately there have been dumber then normal adds on c list like this one FREE ABUNDANT FIREWOOD

Bring your chain saws, we have an abundance of FREE firewood for you. All you have to bring is your certificate of liability to show us a copy or email to us to ensure you are licensed to handled that chain saw and that you know how to cut the tree for firewood.

Call asap 815.501.4911

Thanks!

I wish I could punch a person square in the face through a computer screen sometimes....

I forget where I saw his one but some guy was asking 2 grand for a walnut tree that didn't have one straight log in sight but was "48 inches in diameter" yea for the first 8 inches because there were 3 trees growing out of the same spot and the rest of the tree was at most 14"

ever since they got rid of the "adult services" section craigslist has been almost completely useless now whats a girl to do when she needs some extra cash? O I know sell the black walnut tree in there parents font yard!

Around 3:30 AM

Back