Awesome prices on John Deere saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyM

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The John Deere CS62 (Olympyk 962) is going for a great price at http://www.chainsaws4u.com The saw has impressive numbers: 4.7 Hp and only 12.4 lbs. That beats any other under 62cc saw. I'm tempted to buy one just to try it out. (I always have been a sucker for green and yellow!). Also, it has a two year consumer warranty. Just thought I'd pass on the findings.

Last edited:
Not unless their salesman work for free! I've just been toying with the idea of buying one of their new saws. I presently own a Stihl 026PRO, Husqvarna 372XP, and have owned an 029 and 036Pro within the last couple years. I look at numbers only and see some impressive saws: Husqvarna 357XP, Solo 651, Shindaiwa 488, and John Deere CS62. I'm just trying to convince myself I have a reason to spend the money! As far as beeing a fan of green and yellow, that I can't deny. There is nothing like the sound of the ole poppin' johnny!

But this isnt going to sound sound like an ole poppin Johnny, it will sound like an ole poppin Olympyk. I think you just want an excuse to buy and break in a new saw!:)

TonyM,
I know you bleed green and yellow, but you probably arent going to find a lot of friends to jump on the Junk Deere bandwagon. I will say I like their big tractors. Damn good and reliable. Lawn tractors.........SUCK, thats why they are in Home Depot. Saws, not bad but there are better. Support from John Deere dealers......there is more support in my underwear. Also, just so you know we try to support www.wtsherrills.com and www.arbordirect.com. They support us. I am sure there is nothing wrong with the Deere. It was just fun to razz ya a little.:D Actually I am interested in your chainsaw database and I am sure many dealers would be too.

Darin I have to disagree re: the lawn tractors, I have one of the smallest ones they make and the thing weighs more than my in-laws 18hp wheel horse! It has a full rear end and at 11yrs old idles like a kitten and the only time I had a problem with it was when my wife tried to do me a favor and mow the front lawn for me. The only thing was she did the whole front with the choke on and used a whole tank of gas! In 11yrs I have bought one spark plug and some belts. The ones at Home depot are made by John Deere but I like to think they are not the same as mine. Dont know if the new ones are junk or not, and hopefully I wont find out for about ten more years.

Yep, that was 11years ago. I have never heard cuss words like I do when I used to give mechanics a John Deere to work on. Actually, when it comes to lawn tractors, I cant say I like any of them. They are all cheaply built. I do like steiner. But at 15,000 bucks they better be good. They are ugly but good.

Back