• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Ax Men 2014/2015...

RIDE-RED 350r

RIDE-RED 350r

No wing, no prayer
Yep... only reason I still watch is for Shelby...

They are stacking up the staged accidents like cord wood already(pun intended)...

And not to sound like a puss...but I just love how these "professionals" are seldom if ever seen wearing even the most basic of protective gear.. No hard hats, no eye or ear protection and no chaps... Especially those clowns cutting the standing dead wood!!! Seriously???!!! I don't know about you guys, but if I decide I need to make one last little cut after I have shut the saw down and taken my gear off, without fail it seems I find a way to catch some sort of debris with my eyeball! Granted, I have learned from previous stupidity and put the glasses back on even if it's just "one more quick cut"...

But, if nothing else you would THINK they would want to put forth a good image.. Hard to imagine OSHA officials not seeing the show and seeing it for the easy pickings it would be for them...

blumtn969

blumtn969

ArboristSite Member
Just remember, the "cast" will do whatever the producers dream up for $20,000 an episode.
YES just like last year and year before and so on. At least they still have craig ryygard on the show he is the only one who makes me laugh. AND yes its all just money that drives all of them on this show.

millbilly

millbilly

ArboristSite Guru
I posted this question in the logger section, didn't see this area. What type of dead pine is worth 2000/3000 per log? The show grossly lies about the value of these trees, giving the public false information. That tree might be worth $140. I think the show should be held accountable.

Wow I just watched the same father and son team pull a tree over by hand. They had a machine on the job and didn't use it also the knuckle heads were pulling while the old man was cutting the notch. This crap gotta stop.

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Wow that father and son team are gonna kill each other. Maybe even both at the same time. Also Probably the first time I have heard any station have to bleep out "c# ck sucker" on tv.

Jim Timber

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
The father/son crew nearly killing each other got my blood pressure up (not joking - that was hard to watch), and then Rygaard running the two yarders with poor communication was plain unfathomable from an owner's perspective, yet Gabe was bitching that his guys needed get it straight?

I thought for sure that kid lost his fingers.

This show airing is negligent. Bad example after bad example - someone's going to get killed following these guys lead. "This is how the pro's do it."

Unreal.

RIDE-RED 350r

RIDE-RED 350r

No wing, no prayer
The father/son crew nearly killing each other got my blood pressure up (not joking - that was hard to watch), and then Rygaard running the two yarders with poor communication was plain unfathomable from an owner's perspective, yet Gabe was bitching that his guys needed get it straight?

This show airing is negligent. Bad example after bad example - someone's going to get killed following these guys lead. "This is how the pro's do it."

Unreal.
Yeah, pro actors!

GrizzlyAdams86

GrizzlyAdams86

Expert Greenhorn
The other thing about the people cutting down the dead pines in Wyoming is how they don't carry wedges with them. Then they run right where the tree might fall to go back get them after getting another tree hung up or have it set back on the saw (and not paying attention to the "danger" tree at all), and then use a claw hammer to pound them in. And almost hit the skidloader multiple times too. Would think the show producers could get them a few axes or hatchets, but that would be too logical. I'm not a professional, but I was taught to carry wedges and a hatchet (and a axe on the 4 wheeler/truck) when I'm cutting down trees. And if I have to set them down to do it right by the tree I'm cutting down, and then take them with me to the next tree. An axe is much easier to replace than a person. Just my 2 cents.

Jim Timber

Jim Timber

1/4 bubble off
How do they plan on cleaning up that site and getting that stuff loaded out? If I have 2 trees piled up, I'm in there limbing to get it reduced down. Those knuckleheads are going to have to pull trees across other trees just to get the stems down where they can clean them up for bucking. Oh wait, that's when they'll bring out the 60" bars! Now I get it... :laugh:

chucker

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
there was nothing there that couldn't be handled with a 18" bar and that's a for sure thing! these jokers are their worst friends/enemies all wrapped up in one roll of chit paper... the world seen today as it is through reality shows will not seem a better place with these sites making people thinking that it's supposed to be done this way.... I for one hope people really know there is a difference between comedy and reality which this is not either!

theswampthing

theswampthing

ArboristSite Operative
I watched a whole episode last week for the first time. I'm a carpenter, not a logger, but holy s, the safety aspect of that show is scary. That, and the amount of grown men crying like giant babies is amazing. Can't imagine professional loggers work like that.

RIDE-RED 350r

RIDE-RED 350r

No wing, no prayer
It's kind of like us firearms enthusiasts picking apart obvious falsehoods about weapons in movies.. like the guy with a revolver shooting 10+ rds at the bad guy without reloading...

Watched the movie "The Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg recently. Cool movie? Yes... But one thing I slapped my forehead on... In the beginning of the movie when he uncovers the Barrett 5o cal to start shooting at the chopper, he cycles the action after each shot as though it were a bolt action!! Obviously a semi-auto... might seem nit-picky to some, but how many people that watch a movie like that aren't into firearms even a little bit??

I'm not a professional woodsmen, but I have spent enough time in the woods working to know that these clowns are one of the biggest jokes going in "reality" TV...

What happened to the History channel anyway???

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Addicted to ArboristSite
I agree. We joke about it often at the shop. If we ran an outfit like those guys we'd be off out business in a hurry!

Unreal.